Is the iPad 3 wifi antenna the same as the 4s?

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I live in a building with free wifi. Sounds great and our Windows laptops work pretty well with it. However, my 4s does not like it. Very sporadic performance and I've tried everything. Luckily my 3G signal is decent here.

I'm wondering if I'd have similar problems with the new iPad. If the antenna is the same as my phone I wouldn't risk it. Any guesses? A Google search isn't giving me an answer.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Wifi can be like that, different devices will work with each other at different levels of performance. My suspension is that the antenna is similar in the apple devices, so you MAY have the same issue. One thing you can do is buy an iPad at a store with a liberal return policy so that you can return it if it does not perform up to your liking. You might also want to consider getting a more apple friendly router, I bet google DOES have answers for that. :) Also there may be settings tweaks you can make to your existing router that can help. Tweaking my router worked wonders for my PlayBook!

pricej636

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
I live in a building with free wifi. Sounds great and our Windows laptops work pretty well with it. However, my 4s does not like it. Very sporadic performance and I've tried everything. Luckily my 3G signal is decent here.

I'm wondering if I'd have similar problems with the new iPad. If the antenna is the same as my phone I wouldn't risk it. Any guesses? A Google search isn't giving me an answer.

Chances are you are going to have problems. The new iPad's WiFi reception is very similar to the 4s.

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
You might also want to consider getting a more apple friendly router, I bet google DOES have answers for that. :) Also there may be settings tweaks you can make to your existing router that can help. Tweaking my router worked wonders for my PlayBook!

Unfortunately I don't have access to the router since it's owned by my building that provides the wi-fi free. I'd love the ability to reset that thing at will but my neighbors would likely kill me.

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so what you are saying is that you have good solid wifi signal that works with other devices just fine but your apple products are picky. As someone stated above, some routers just don't play nice with apple products. Being you don't have access to tweak the settings or reboot it, why not buy an Apple Airport Express? It is $99, is controlled from your iPhone or iPad, and can be used a repeater/range extender. I am not a networking genius, but it should act as a middle man for you, free wifi to it, it to your iPhone.

I have one and have yet to have to reboot it.

faradenia

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately I don't have access to the router since it's owned by my building that provides the wi-fi free. I'd love the ability to reset that thing at will but my neighbors would likely kill me.

The thing is that the reboot may help you but create troubles for other users.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox