When might B&M Sales incentives start?

jaharr

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Now that I know iOS6 will be available for the New iPad (3d gen), I am again thinking about picking one up. However, as it has been out for four months now, I am wondering if I should wait a little bit longer so I can save a few bucks.

I know the iPad will not go "on sale" until the 4th gen comes out. However, the large B&M stores commonly give gift cards with the purchase of Apple products.

So, based on prior experience, any guesses when the B&M's might start offering gift cards with purchase of the New iPad? Back-to-School season? Or more likely not until the Christmas season?

jaharr

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks cardfan My wife is a teacher so that would work. But I see the gift card is only good for apps, music and movies.

Last edited:

jjjwicks

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Now that I know iOS6 will be available for the New iPad (3d gen), I am again thinking about picking one up. However, as it has been out for four months now, I am wondering if I should wait a little bit longer so I can save a few bucks.

I know the iPad will not go "on sale" until the 4th gen comes out. However, the large B&M stores commonly give gift cards with the purchase of Apple products.

So, based on prior experience, any guesses when the B&M's might start offering gift cards with purchase of the New iPad? Back-to-School season? Or more likely not until the Christmas season?
That is the eternal question when dealing with iOs devices - Should I buy now or wait. The new iPad has been out since March, and based on past patterns, the 4th iPad will be released in March of 2013 (as long as the Mayans were wrong). You can buy the new iPad, get the new iOS in the fall, get in on the gift card action, and have almost nine months of good use out of it - or you can wait for something better next year. There is no guarantee that the holiday specials are going to be any better than the educator's specials. Best Buy is in no shape to be giving away money like it was when they first started selling the iPad. Wal-Mart and Target never have better incentives than Apple. The current gift card offer might be as good as it gets.

There is always going to be something better coming out with Apple, the good thing it is on a one-year cycle rather than a quarterly cycle like Android devices. You know that your iOS purchase is going to last. I say bite the bullet and grab an iPad 3. You will not regret it.

jaharr

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Thank you, jjj. Reading between the lines, it sounds like based on past experience you do not think there will be any Target/Wal-Mart/Best Buy specials until the holidays.

If that is indeed the case, I think I might take your advice and get the iPad now. The Apple gift card is only for music & apps (I think). If I choose Best Buy, I can at least bank some Rewards $ and put it towards a case/accessories.

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I do not even remember the holiday specials being that great. If you buy through Best Buy, the $500 model will only get you $10 in reward gift cards. $50 iTunes is not that bad considering you can buy all types of media. Plus I would not pay big box store prices for a case, Amazon is your friend for that stuff.

jaharr

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
As Murphy could have predicted, just 3 days after I ordered my iPad through Apple, Target announced a $25 gift card with purchase. Oh well!

My iPad did arrive today, however!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW