Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    13,206 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Trying to upload a pic from "camera roll" causes app to crash

My new iPad seems to be having a issue with upload pics from the camera roll. If I try to upload a picture from Facebook, Tweetbot, Twitter for iPad, and ect then the app will crash as soon as I select the camera roll. If I upload a picture from photo stream, it is fine. My iPad will work fine for one day and then the next day it goes bad again. I "restored as new" and boom next day I am having this issue again. This issue existed for me on iOS 5.1 and 5.1.1.

Anybody else experience this? Did not know if this was a known software bug or not. Think I am heading to the genius bar this evening for a diagnostic.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I've had the same experience, most notably since iOS 5.1, uploading photos. I'm guessing it's iOS-related, as my wife has the same issue with hers.
    Reminding people that "your" "you're"...

Habitual Line-Stepper since 1979

"Victory has 100 fathers... Defeat is an orphan." - John F. Kennedy
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,443 Global Posts

Garz, did Apple fix this issue for you? I had the same thing happen, but it only crashed when I was trying to upload pics from my camera roll using the Tapatalk HD app. A recent update has finally resolved it for me.

Sent from my 4G iPad using Tapatalk HD.