Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

163 Posts
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts

Default Question updating old iPad 1 games to new iPad

Quick question. I have games like gta 3 and deadspace on my iPad 1 and I just upgraded to the new iPad. I backed up my iPad 1 and restored it on the new iPad. I opened gta 3 and it looked like the iPad 1 version and not an updated look for iPad 2 and 3. Do I just delete and redownload these games? Thanks.
    iMore Pro

524 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,806 Global Posts

Yes, just open the app store on your new iPad, and find the purchased tab and open it, and re-download. You should be good to go.
    iMore Beginner

69 Posts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts

Yeah, the games are associated with your account, so you should be able to just re-download provided the games are still available. It's possible that you have really old versions of games that aren't available for download anymore. Sometimes devs update with whole new "HD" versions that are separate iTunes entries, or axe the older games altogether. . You might be able to transfer the purchase to the new version if you talk to their support.