AppleCare+ vs Squaretrade

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
If I break my iPad today, I'm still gonna have to wait to mail it off. The closest Apple store is 2 hours away, and requires a free day to get there.

If I break my iPad today, all I have to do is call Apple and they'll send a replacement out overnight. With AppleCare+ one does not have to wait to send the broken iDevice back first before they receive a replacement.

Sent from my 4G iPad using Tapatalk HD.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yea you are lucky Garz. For instance the closest Apple store near me is about 2-3 hours away. Spending money on gas to go to an apple store and exchanging it will cost a lot more than squaretrade's one week turnaround. It really comes down to if you have an Apple store nearby I guess.

One week for ST? Wow, AC+ is much faster. You don't have to go to an Apple store for a replacement. Simply call 1-800-my-apple and they will send out a replacement right away. A friend at work was having WiFi issues with her 64GB WiFi only New iPad, she called Apple and she had a new one less than 48 hours later. When she got the replacement she mailed the defective iPad back to Apple.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
If I break my iPad today, all I have to do is call Apple and they'll send a replacement out overnight. With AppleCare+ one does not have to wait to send the broken iDevice back first before they receive a replacement.

That's new. And nice.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
That's new. And nice.

You mean Apple hasn't always had it set up this way? Maybe they do it now because of it being AC+. One thing to mention, though, Apple did put a hold on my friends CC in the amount of the replacement until they received the defective one back. I wouldn't mind that if it meant I could avoid a long ride to an Apple store and get a replacement sooner.

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I just got Squaretrade instead of AppleCare+for my iphone 5. I used Alli's $10 discount and paid $89.00 for two years. Thanks Alli. Squaretrade covers four accidents instead of Apple's two. You can also get your phone replaced at any Apple Store or at their facility according to their website.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I can never say enough good things about SquareTrade.

On that note...when my parents recently switched to iPhones (June or July), I dutifully sent my father the discount link. He did not follow through. Yesterday my mother fell, dropped her iPhone, and broke the screen. Now she's looking for somewhere cheap to get her screen replaced. <sigh>

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW