LTE Connectivity in Other Countries .. HELP PLZ

Tahseen

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
about LTE : i have bought ipad 3 from USA and i am from egypt , i need to know if Vodafone Egypt make a deal with apple about the 4G support could i use it on my ipad by updating the software and carrier setting or i need to buy a new one ??

what i mean .. the carrier setting of supporting 4G Technology depend on a hardware builted in or depend on the support of the software to the new carrier ..

Thanks inadvance

jimpilot

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I hope you got the AT&T version. From what I've read the Verizon freq for LTE are different than overseas freq.

I am not an expert, someone on here will know.

Tahseen

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Okay , lets guess that i bought it and the carrier in my country make the deal with apple to go on 4G in egypt does it mean that apple will manufacture a new one for Middle East or it is just a software

SimonSage

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
If Vodafone Egypt deploys LTE on the same bands that AT&T does, and you have an AT&T LTE iPad, then it will simply be a matter of unlocking the SIM slot so you can pop in a Vodafone SIM card. It looks like Vodafone Egypt started LTE trials in 2010, so they should be ready to roll out soon, but I can't find any information on which bands they're running on. In Europe, it's 800/1800/2600 MHz, and in Asia it's 1800/2600 MHz, which is incompatible with the 700/2100 Mhz your iPad runs on.

Long story short, ask your Vodafone rep which bands LTE will run on. If it's 700/2100 MHz, you should be fine.

Tahseen

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
If Vodafone Egypt deploys LTE on the same bands that AT&T does, and you have an AT&T LTE iPad, then it will simply be a matter of unlocking the SIM slot so you can pop in a Vodafone SIM card. It looks like Vodafone Egypt started LTE trials in 2010, so they should be ready to roll out soon, but I can't find any information on which bands they're running on. In Europe, it's 800/1800/2600 MHz, and in Asia it's 1800/2600 MHz, which is incompatible with the 700/2100 Mhz your iPad runs on.

Long story short, ask your Vodafone rep which bands LTE will run on. If it's 700/2100 MHz, you should be fine.

a professional answer from a professional MOD. the LTE band in africa will be suitable with the new IPAD .. Thanks alot ;)

GPD1739A

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I have a similar question regarding Verizon LTE coverage in Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic.
I've been trying to find out from Verizon, but getting through to anyone that isn't looking at me like a deer in the headlights has been frustrating after about 30 different attempts through 4 different methods.

Has anyone else used their new iPad (or even their iPad 2) with Verizon coverage in Punta Cana without issue?

Thanks!

howellrecords

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
iPad DR

I have a similar question regarding Verizon LTE coverage in Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic.
I've been trying to find out from Verizon, but getting through to anyone that isn't looking at me like a deer in the headlights has been frustrating after about 30 different attempts through 4 different methods.

Has anyone else used their new iPad (or even their iPad 2) with Verizon coverage in Punta Cana without issue?

Thanks!

Verizon is not available in the DR on my iPad 3. I am looking into who offers prepaid data plans and right now believe that Claro is the best bet.

MaicolGO

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site

Thanks!
Punta Cana currently does not have LTE coverage, only Santo Domingo has basic LTE coverage from Orange Dominicano (As of July 2012). 3G is readily available throughout the country, though I know devices that are strictly CDMA have some roaming in the country but not as big a footprint as GSM.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro