Is the yellowish screen really a problem?

brijuhaha

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
So, i've been going back and forth to the apple store, just to get the right iPad screen i just got recently. I compared it to the other black new iPad and it has a clear and clean screen compared to the white new iPad ive been returning recently, which has a yellowish color (i think you all know what i'm talking about) when comparing both of them in the dark, with full brigthnes.

So i just wanna know, based on your experience on previous iPads that you guys have owned, is the yellowish screen REALLY a problem?? :eek:

I kinda gave up for not getting the right screen on the new iPad after a lot of times exchanging the iPad :confused: and decided to just gonna live with it, and get the applecare+.

So what you guys think? Did i choose the right decission? :D

Thanks

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
IMHO, it is not a issue at all. Some screens are simply warmer in color than others. My iPhone 4S is warmer in color than my 4, however, I didn't bother returning it as everything else with my 4S is perfect. After almost 4 months with it I have gotten used to the warm color and it no longer bothers me. I suspect you will get used to the screen color as well over time, and like you said, you can always exchange it later if need be.

Sent from my iPad 4G using Tapatalk HD.

anon(4144202)

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
That yellowish color it has is adhesive. Since this is all first batch iPads that glue behind the screen hasn't cured. After three weeks or so it goes away.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
That yellowish color it has is adhesive. Since this is all first batch iPads that glue behind the screen hasn't cured. After three weeks or so it goes away.

Sometimes the case but not always. As I said, some screens are just warmer in color than others. If that is the case, the yellow warm color will not go away.

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
IMHO, it is not a issue at all. Some screens are simply warmer in color than others. My iPhone 4S is warmer in color than my 4, however, I didn't bother returning it as everything else with my 4S is perfect. After almost 4 months with it I have gotten used to the warm color and it no longer bothers me. I suspect you will get used to the screen color as well over time, and like you said, you can always exchange it later if need be.

Yup, it's just manufacturing...different panels from different suppliers etc that will have some variance. In reality, you don't really notice it until you look at it side by side with another of the same device.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro