I need help with battery life

arcadelion

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
*Note: The new iPad is my first iOS device*

So I hear how great the battery life is from other users, but I'm not getting the same results.
I have the wifi only model, and I mainly use it to surf the web and watch downloaded movies from iTunes.
I watched a movie for about 1 hour yesterday, and my battery went down by 10%!

Which of the following could be factors:
-I have the brightness setting at 100%
-Sound volume is usually 100% as well
-I also have about 20-25 apps giving me push notifications

What would you suggest I do to stretch my battery life the best? :confused:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Actually that does not sound too bad. 10% after an hour of video. Like mentioned you can turn down the brightness a bit but I doubt that will improve it that much.

lucidlyseen

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
it sounds exactly right - think about it, the wifi model claims a 10 hour battery life, you watched a movie for 1 hour and battery decreased by 10% - that equals exactly 10 hours of battery life (10% for every hour 10 hrs x10 % = 100%)

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
*Note: The new iPad is my first iOS device*

So I hear how great the battery life is from other users, but I'm not getting the same results.
I have the wifi only model, and I mainly use it to surf the web and watch downloaded movies from iTunes.
I watched a movie for about 1 hour yesterday, and my battery went down by 10%!

Which of the following could be factors:
-I have the brightness setting at 100%
-Sound volume is usually 100% as well
-I also have about 20-25 apps giving me push notifications

What would you suggest I do to stretch my battery life the best? :confused:

I first thought you were kidding with your post. The advertised battery life is abouit 10 hours. You used the device at 100 % brightness and full volume with 25 push notifications and after watching a 1 hour video the battery life dropped by 10%? That sounds like your IPad is working great. To extend it more decrease brightness to about 60%, decreas volume and stop the push notifications unless you really need to have them. Disable wifi if you do not need it.

arcadelion

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
I first thought you were kidding with your post. The advertised battery life is abouit 10 hours. You used the device at 100 % brightness and full volume with 25 push notifications and after watching a 1 hour video the battery life dropped by 10%? That sounds like your IPad is working great. To extend it more decrease brightness to about 60%, decreas volume and stop the push notifications unless you really need to have them. Disable wifi if you do not need it.

I've heard people say they use their iPad's like crazy only to have their battery decrease by 2-3%, so I didn't know if I was doing something wrong.
I'll decrease the brightness and review which push notifications I really need.
Thanks.

Crucial_Xtreme

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I've heard people say they use their iPad's like crazy only to have their battery decrease by 2-3%, so I didn't know if I was doing something wrong.
I'll decrease the brightness and review which push notifications I really need.
Thanks.

Don't worry. As others have said that usage and battery life drop seems normal for sure. :))

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR