Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore/Mobile Nations staff

Global Posts
    122 Global Posts

Default Email not working right on iPad

Have you had email troubles with your iPad? I know lots of users have had email issues. I'm wondering if there is enough similarity in problems to start making some generalizations. So, let us know what your specific email issues are and hopefully we can help!

Global Posts
    22,224 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I'm not having any email problems with any of my devices (iPhone 4S, iPad 2 & MacBook).

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)
    iPhone Nanite

Default Re: Email not working right on iPad

it's driving me crazy! i've switched on and off, rebooted, restored factory settings, re installed, followed all instructions from my provider (very patiently) but the problem seem to be with Apple.

I can receive perfectly but receive a range of error messages when i try to send.

Please help!
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,922 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

Quote Originally Posted by Susan137 View Post
    it's driving me crazy! i've switched on and off, rebooted, restored factory settings, re installed, followed all instructions from my provider (very patiently) but the problem seem to be with Apple.

I can receive perfectly but receive a range of error messages when i try to send.

Please help!
    What's your email provider and how is it setup

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

Gmail that I delete on my iPad still shows up in email on my MBP laptop.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

Quote Originally Posted by cgm707 View Post
    Gmail that I delete on my iPad still shows up in email on my MBP laptop.
    Is your Gmail set as an Exchange account, regular IMAP or Pop3?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    397 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Is your Gmail set as an Exchange account, regular IMAP or Pop3?
    That's what I was thinking. My gmail account is setup as an Exchange Account on iPhone and IMAP on my MacBook Pro.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    6,496 Global Posts
    iOS Version

My Gmail is set up as Exchange on my iPhone & iPad and set up as IMAP on my MBA.
    I'm not having any issues.

Good Luck

Apple TV
    iPhone 5S
    iPad Air Wi-Fi
    MacBook Air 13" Mid 2012 Yosemite 10.10
    Cigar Lover
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,922 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

Need to set sync settings in phone and iPad so when you delete it removes it vs putting it in the all mail folder

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !
    iPhone Nanite

I have a iPad 4 and it was doing good until last week.
    When I receive emails, the notification window pop up as usual.
    I select DISMISSED and try to read it later but the blue dots are gone and make them look like read emails.
    And the email icon on the mail screen doesn't have arrived email counts.
    Clients are complain about me not responding their emails....
    I haven't read emails but they are displayed as read.
    This is annoying matter.
    It wasn't like this when I bought it.
    Does this have to do with configuration?
    Thanks in advance

Global Posts
    22,224 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by LanTan105 View Post
    I have a iPad 4 and it was doing good until last week.
    Did you make a settings change or an update of some sort last week? Is your device jailbroken?
    When I receive emails, the notification window pop up as usual.
    Okay
    I select DISMISSED and try to read it later but the blue dots are gone and make them look like read emails.
    Where do you select "Dismissed"? If you haven't actually opened the email messages, the unread dots should still be visible to you. Hmm!
    And the email icon on the mail screen doesn't have arrived email counts.
    Like above, if you haven't actually opened the messages the unread count should still be visible, if enabled. Are you using the built-in mail app?
    Clients are complain about me not responding their emails....
    You did say that you select dismissed so that you could read the messages later...
    I haven't read emails but they are displayed as read.
    Okay.
    This is annoying matter.
    It wasn't like this when I bought it.
    Does this have to do with configuration?
    Thanks in advance
    Something is screwed up somewhere. If you use iCloud, Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail/Windows Live/Outlook mail, you can try deleting those accounts "from your iPad" and then reconfiguring them.
    iPhone Nanite

This initially makes no snse...email has been fine then two days ago email will not open! The left column displays email, sound goes off to alert you to email, From & To show up, Title shows up with date and time...but you cannot open nor read the email. Searching for emaiH icon is active. Have been into Settings, Mail, Contacts, Calenders even bought an IPAD Book but nothing speaks to how to influence the Reading Pane. Your help would be greatfully appreciated.

Thanking you in advance,
    Bob Corliss
    iPhone Nanite

Did you make a settings change or an update of some sort last week? Is your device jailbroken?
    Thanks for your help.
    No, I didn't make any change but I remember there was a update.
    And no, my device is not jailbroken.

Where do you select "Dismissed"? If you haven't actually opened the email messages, the unread dots should still be visible to you.
    I select "DISMISSED" at the pop up notification window. That's what I thought too that the unread dots should still be visible to me but no....

Like above, if you haven't actually opened the messages the unread count should still be visible, if enabled. Are you using the built-in mail app?
    Yes, I'm using the mail app that come with the iPad. but the unread count will not appear. Well, I can see the reason of that because the app take away of those unread dots so eventually the count will disappear.

Something is screwed up somewhere. If you use iCloud, Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail/Windows Live/Outlook mail, you can try deleting those accounts "from your iPad" and then reconfiguring them.
    Yes, I have iCloud, Yahoo mail accounts configured in the app.
    I will try to delete those accounts and reconfigure it.
    will post what happens.
    thanks
    iPhone Nanite

Just want to let you know that it went back to normal without any change or anything....
    Don't ask me how it went back.
    It just did.....sucks

Global Posts
    22,224 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by LanTan105 View Post
    Just want to let you know that it went back to normal without any change or anything....
    Don't ask me how it went back.
    It just did.....sucks
    All that matters is that it works again. Take care and enjoy the rest of your day...
    iPhone Nanite

I know that this won't be something new - but my iPad3 just stopped getting email.
    I have two email accounts setup in the Mail app - my website's email and yahoo! mail (queue the loud groans). They have been working fine for ages now and about 1 week ago, I stopped getting email - and was not able to send any email.

I have upgraded to iOS 6 in hopes that it might solve my problem. No.

I deleted the account setup (webpage email) and reinstalled. Now it appears that I cannot get *any* of my emails - meaning read, unread emails. They are being seen by my iPhone and on my laptop - but I should still be able to see them on the ipad correct? (at least it worked that way before)... I must be missing a setting!.

Currently when I look at the inbox of my webpage email it says "downloading 1 of 1" - but nothing happens. In addition when I attempt to send something I get the message that the message was placed in the Outbox because the user is unknown. I have the primary SMTP setup as the outgoing at my business, and a secondary SMTP setup as the ISP for my residence - my wifi location. This should work and its doesn't!

help!
    Last edited by Sabriana; 02-27-2013 at 07:29 AM.
    iPhone Nanite

I received an email from an unknown sender, which is SPAM or malware of some sort.

I cannot delete or open this email. The moment I select it, the Mail App freezes, and nothing gets things un- frozen other than turning the App off from the Finder screen, or turning the IPad off, or, about half the time, the App dies on its own after being frozen for a minute or two.

When I restart Mail after it froze, it starts abnormally, with a blank screen displaying 'No Message Selected.'

Mail works fine so long as I do not touch this toxic message, but I'd really like to get rid of this nasty message.

Can anyone help??

My iPad is 3rd Gen 64 gb, version 5.1.1.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

I take it you've tried deleting from the edit menu so that you don't have to open it?
    iPhone Nanite

Yes, I can only see it on the Inbox or Edit menus, and in either case, the instant I select it, for any reason, the App freezes.

I'm considering installing iOS6, but I don't think that it will help, as that OS didn't do much for Mail, did it?

I've been holding off on that upgrade because I don't want to give up Maps.

Global Posts
    22,224 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by thedmm View Post
    Yes, I can only see it on the Inbox or Edit menus, and in either case, the instant I select it, for any reason, the App freezes.

I'm considering installing iOS6, but I don't think that it will help, as that OS didn't do much for Mail, did it?

I've been holding off on that upgrade because I don't want to give up Maps.
    Can you not login to your email provider via a computer and remove the troublesome email message completely then reboot your iPad. If the mail is IMAP or Exchange-based, the mail app 'should' refresh to show that it has been removed.
    iPhone Nanite

The mail app on the ipad mini is not working with yahoo mail. I've tried reinstalling a few times and it keeps doing the same thing. It goes to a random email and the page is unresponsive except to close it.

Global Posts
    22,224 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Mason View Post
    The mail app on the ipad mini is not working with yahoo mail. I've tried reinstalling a few times and it keeps doing the same thing. It goes to a random email and the page is unresponsive except to close it.
    iCloud email was the only configured email I had on my iPad 2, however, after reading your post, I opted to configure my Yahoo! email account to see if id run into problems like you are experiencing, however, the configuration went without a problem so I don't know what to tell you. Now, I'm curious though. You stated that "it goes to a random email...". Is that "random email" a message from your Yahoo! email or from another email account you've configured? Have you tried turning off your iPad Mini, wait for 30 seconds and then turning it back on?
    iMore Nanite

Having issues sending emails from my iPad 3 - I keep getting a error saying my email is full if I try to send but I am receiving emails just fine & I did clean out both my in and out boxes. Help!
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

Have you checked your SMTP settings? Are you sending from the same account?
    iMore Nanite

On holiday Florida.unable to send e mails.they are stuck in out box.have checked flight mode is off.my ISP is tiscali.co.uk.any help would be gratefully received
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast