The real problem with the new iPad

Sancho90

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
That's.... Normally how technology works.

Gadgets do get outdated, it happens, unfortunately. This is just more 'linkbait', to be quite frank. It's not a problem, it's the way things are.

Sent from Sancho's Brain
(New iPad, Tapatalk HD)

c_hack

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
My 2 year old 1st gen iPad still got its iOS updates and app updates. That's more than I can say for any other platform. In fact my 9 month old droid phone was obsolete in 6 months and abandoned by Motorola - no Android updates for me.

Of all the tablets, the iPad will last you the longest.

Sancho90

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
My 2 year old 1st gen iPad still got its iOS updates and app updates. That's more than I can say for any other platform. In fact my 9 month old droid phone was obsolete in 6 months and abandoned by Motorola - no Android updates for me.

So many truths.

Sent from Sancho's Brain
(New iPad, Tapatalk HD)

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Not really seeing how this is a "problem." technology evolves at an incredible rate which leads to every type of product getting better over time. You also get wiser/better with age and improve on past decisions/processes. Does that mean there is a problem with you?

As stated in the post a few up from this, IOS is the best at supporting their products through their life span, you will get your money's worth from your iPad compared to an Android tablet; they lose support after months instead of years.

arcadelion

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
Not really seeing how this is a "problem." technology evolves at an incredible rate which leads to every type of product getting better over time. You also get wiser/better with age and improve on past decisions/processes. Does that mean there is a problem with you?

As stated in the post a few up from this, IOS is the best at supporting their products through their life span, you will get your money's worth from your iPad compared to an Android tablet; they lose support after months instead of years.

There is no problem with me. Thanks for asking. :rolleyes:

I'm just posting the opinion of someone who works with developing apps for iOS, and how some apps don't run as smoothly on the iPad 1 as they do on the iPad 2. I hope my 3rd gen iPad doesn't look or feel obsolete anytime soon, because I don't plan on buying another one many years from now.

I agree Android phones don't get the continuous support that iPhone gets due to the carriers/manufacturers, main reason why I'm switching to an iPhone in the fall.

khad183

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Gaming aside, the new iPad also retains the same dual core processor. So while normal apps may not be running terribly faster than an iPad 2, it certainly extends the life of even the iPad 2.

cctpitts01

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Gaming aside, the new iPad also retains the same dual core processor. So while normal apps may not be running terribly faster than an iPad 2, it certainly extends the life of even the iPad 2.

What do you mean by the same Dual core processor? The iPad 2 has a Dual A5 processor and the iPad 3 has a Dual A5x processor?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?t4l0co
Sent from "Damn I forgot I have to many phones to keep track of"

Sancho90

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean by the same Dual core processor? The iPad 2 has a Dual A5 processor and the iPad 3 has a Dual A5x processor?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?t4l0co
Sent from "Damn I forgot I have to many phones to keep track of"

It's the same chip. Nothing different about it except the quad graphics capabilities.

So, where graphics can be pushed to no heights, the overall app performance won't be changed.

Sent from Sancho's Brain
(iPhone 4S, Tapatalk)

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site

That ain't no BS either. My first smart phone was the original Droid. About 15 months after I got it, the OS programming updates had if running like crap. iPhone 3 are still supported by iOS. That says a lot to me...

Sancho90

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
That ain't no BS either. My first smart phone was the original Droid. About 15 months after I got it, the OS programming updates had if running like crap. iPhone 3 are still supported by iOS. That says a lot to me...

Ain't this the freaking truth...

When I had my original Droid, pretty much after I got the 2.1 update ALL support stopped. I found more support through various communities and ROM flashes than through Motorola themselves! That's just ridiculous.

Apple still has the best support mantra for their "legacy" devices.

Sent from Sancho's Brain
(New iPad, Tapatalk HD)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That's.... Normally how technology works.

Gadgets do get outdated, it happens, unfortunately. This is just more 'linkbait', to be quite frank. It's not a problem, it's the way things are.

Sent from Sancho's Brain
(New iPad, Tapatalk HD)

You are so right, sir. The latest & greatest are always in the making. Manufacturers and sales people have convinced us to not be content with our current devices and they cause many of us to feel as if we'll be left behind if we don't get the latest. You can't blame them, though. That is how they get paid. When personal PCs were in their infancy, heck, I was building one for myself and others every 6 or 7 months, but I also knew at some point that the MHz & GHz speeds would become irrelevant, at least for me, and it has. I haven't built or purchased a PC (desktop) in years and the last laptop I bought was my trusty MacBook (early 2009 edition) and it is still going strong. I feel the same way about the ipad. There is no need for 'me' to upgrade to the new ipad. There is simply no advantage with regard to how 'I' use the device. Anyway, thanks for the comment Sancho and I apologize for rambling on..lol...:)

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPad 2)

Last edited:

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Source: The New Real iPad Problem ‹ ‹ I've Got The NewsI've Got The News

So I read this blog post this morning, and I wanted to know what ya'll thought about it.
It basically says while the iPad gets better and better, the harder it is for older iPads and developers to keep up.
I don't want my 3rd gen iPad to struggle to keep up with the newer apps 2-3 years from now.

This is how computing has worked since the beginning. Hardware never keeps up. My nearly 6 year old laptop doesn't run iTunes as well as it used too but I'm not complaining, that's just how it works. My iPhone 3G was getting harder and harder to use as time went on because of it's slow processor and low amount of RAM; when iOS 4 came out it made many completely unusable.

Move along people, nothing to see here.

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Manufacturers and sales people have convinced us to not be content with our current devices and they cause many of us to feel as if we'll be left behind if we don't get the latest.

Do you really thing the manufacturer and even worse, a salesman, has this kind of control over how you feel? Really?

I upgrade because the device performance improves, and as a result my user experience improves. When there is no performance boost, I skip that upgrade.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Do you really thing the manufacturer and even worse, a salesman, has this kind of control over how you feel? Really?
Me personally? Heck no! lol, but I do believe that in regard to electronics, people are persuaded to purchase items they don't need by manufacturers & sales people either directly or indirectly via advertisements & other tactics. I really do.

I upgrade because the device performance improves, and as a result my user experience improves. When there is no performance boost, I skip that upgrade.
I agree and I'm pretty much the same way, but everybody is not technologically informed and many others buy items to keep up with the Jones', so to speak.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPad 2)

Sancho90

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Me personally? Heck no! lol, but I do believe that in regard to electronics, people are persuaded to purchase items they don't need by manufacturers & sales people either directly or indirectly via advertisements & other tactics. I really do.

I agree and I'm pretty much the same way, but everybody is not technologically informed and many others buy items to keep up with the Jones', so to speak.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPad 2)

I was just about to say something similar to this.

For people like us? No, it's not a problem, because we are educated about the technology we purchase, and more than likely know what is current and what is coming soon.

To the uneducated and uninformed? They can, and will get screwed by manufacturers and sales folk. I feel an Android analogy should be thrown in here somewhere...

Sent from Sancho's Brain
(New iPad, Tapatalk HD)

Reactions: Just_Me_D

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I was just about to say something similar to this.

For people like us? No, it's not a problem, because we are educated about the technology we purchase, and more than likely know what is current and what is coming soon.

To the uneducated and uninformed? They can, and will get screwed by manufacturers and sales folk. I feel an Android analogy should be thrown in here somewhere...

Sent from Sancho's Brain
(New iPad, Tapatalk HD)

Exactly! It is safe to assume that a majority of the people who frequent tech forums are techie types. Not everyone, but I would argue that the majority are and, as you've stated, are more informed in regard to technology than non-techie types..lol

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPad 2)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW