Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    618 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I don't have bad eyesight I actually have perfect vision...I just don't see a difference I have the 4S and the iPad 2 and I listen to people say they prefer to read on the phone because of the retina. I'm just saying to me it doesn't make a difference and I can't justify the expense. I enjoy my iPad 2 all I do is read, surf the web, and play a few games. For me I wouldn't do it.

Sent from HIS WORLD on my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    Dream as if you'll live forever; live as if you'll die today. James Dean

Loving my iPhone 6 Plus!!! Its AMAZING
    iMore Pro

iOS Version
    iOS 6.0

With the price drop on the iPad 2 there is no reason to get an iPad 1st edition unless you can get one for like $200 or less. There is enough difference in the iPad 2 to make it worthwhile for the $300 base price.
    Craig S, Photographer
    ConciergePhoto | ModelMayhem | NWCreativeArts Magazine | "Be Remarkable!"
    iPhone Newbie

iOS Version
    iOS 5.1

I'm in this same boat, I'm trying to decide between getting a 32 GB iPad 2 or a 16 GB New iPad, not really sure which to go with. Any help?????

P.S. I don't plan on putting any videos or music on the iPad

Thanks everybody
    iMore Pro

iOS Version
    iOS 6.0

If you're not doing music, video or you're not a photo editor or anything like that.. than certainly get the deal on the iPad 2
    Craig S, Photographer
    iPhone Newbie

iOS Version
    iOS 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    If you're not doing music, video or you're not a photo editor or anything like that.. than certainly get the deal on the iPad 2

Either one of them is a deal since I'm getting either one for free with Viggle Points, Shopkick and reward zone certificates at best buy, Just not sure which to get
    iMore Pro

iOS Version
    iOS 6.0

Quote Originally Posted by rmm41486 View Post
    Either one of them is a deal since I'm getting either one for free with Viggle Points, Shopkick and reward zone certificates at best buy, Just not sure which to get
    You have answered your own question then.. if price is not he issue, there is no reason not to get the best one for your money. The iPad 2 is much nicer than the iPad 1 and if you're using points get the 2, as you won't be regretting your choice later. If you were thinking about an iPad 1 save your points and get one on CL for under $200.
    Craig S, Photographer
    iPhone Newbie

iOS Version
    iOS 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    You have answered your own question then.. if price is not he issue, there is no reason not to get the best one for your money. The iPad 2 is much nicer than the iPad 1 and if you're using points get the 2, as you won't be regretting your choice later. If you were thinking about an iPad 1 save your points and get one on CL for under $200.
    But I'm not debating between the first and second generation iPad's. I'm trying to decide between the brand new iPad third generation 16 GB or the iPad 2 32 gb

Global Posts
    4,778 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 8

I'm in this same boat, I'm trying to decide between getting a 32 GB iPad 2 or a 16 GB New iPad, not really sure which to go with. Any help?????

P.S. I don't plan on putting any videos or music on the iPad

Thanks everybody
    The iPad 3. If you're not using up much memory then go for it. You're gonna have better resale value on a 3 over a 2 despite the gigabyte difference.
    iPhone Newbie

iOS Version
    iOS 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by forever29 View Post
    The iPad 3. If you're not using up much memory then go for it. You're gonna have better resale value on a 3 over a 2 despite the gigabyte difference.
    How much memory are the retina apps taking up? I'm hoping a 16GB will be big enough I don't wanna have to go up another $100 bucks especially with our first child due next month

Global Posts
    4,778 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 8

How much memory are the retina apps taking up? I'm hoping a 16GB will be big enough I don't wanna have to go up another $100 bucks especially with our first child due next month
    Not too many of the 3rd party apps are retina, yet.
    Can't decide between new iPad and iPad 2.-imageuploadedbytapatalk1334713648.830325.jpg
    Formerly forever29
    iPhone 6
    iPhone 6 Plus
    iPad Air 2 & iPad Mini Retina
    iPhone Newbie

iOS Version
    iOS 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by forever29 View Post
    Not too many of the 3rd party apps are retina, yet.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334713648.830325.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	15023
    So I should be okay with the iPad 3 16GB? I don't plan on putting music or videos on it
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I have around 150 songs, 90 pics, 60 apps, and still have 8.3 GB available. All depends on games and stuff games can take a lot of space. I run like 5 games and delete ones I don't play anymore.
    32GB iPhone 5 black
    32GB Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    16GB iPhone 4 black retired/backup
    16GB iPad 3rd gen WiFi
    16GB OG iPad WiFi sold

Global Posts
    4,778 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 8

So I should be okay with the iPad 3 16GB? I don't plan on putting music or videos on it
    Yeah. Because I'm basically the user that you are when it comes to content we put in it.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts

I had to upgrade from my 16GB iPad 1st gen simply because the apps got so much bigger and I ran out of space. I had no video, photos or music on the iPad, but did have about a dozen games.

I think 16GB is way to limiting especially with retina apps. It will just get worse as you buy more apps or they get bigger.
    iPhone Nanite

I went from a 16gb first generation to 32gb new iPad and the difference is off the charts! I know I'm repeating what many earlier members have said but, if you can swing it, go for at least the 32gb new iPad. However, since you can pick up a 32gb iPad 2 for such a great price, I wouldn't hesitate to jump on that deal while it's available.

Good luck with your purchase and enjoy!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12