Is my "new ipad" actually the new ipad?

grex18#IM

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Purchased the 3rd generation iPad from the apple store last Tuesday...had it all week and I think its great.

I was screwing around in my itunes store and went to my account settings and clicked on manage devices - the ones linked to my itunes account...of course my PC was listed, my iPhone 4s but then it said iPad 2 Wifi...so how do I tell if my new ipad is the new ipad? lol

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
If on the back it says, "Designed in California, Made in China"... It's an iPad 2
Or if it says, "Designed in California, Made in China" on the back... It's an iPad 3

I hope this clears things up!!!
:cool:

grex18#IM

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
No ive looked like crazy the back of the box just lists serial numbers and model numbers...even the receipt says Ipad 32gb wifi, nothing about what generation it is. I did pay 619 before tax, I know that is the price of the new 32gb ipad...I have never hooked up any other ipad to this computer so...not sure what to think

dalvik

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
you would see that immediately there is simply NO pixelation unless you take a powerful magnifying glass. the text and images should look as if they are printed on the magazine paper. very high def screen.

dalvik

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
ok go to app store download the free version of Gensystek benchmark Lite. tap on it and tap my reports it should tell you what ipad you have im pretty sure you have the 3rd
you may have to run at least one test there before you can see the results

Last edited:

grex18#IM

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
I did that, it says iPad 3rd, thanks for the help, still curious why itunes calls it the ipad 2...wonder if it says that for anyone else.

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I am a little late but another easy way to tell is on the box if it says Bluetooth 4.0 then it is the newest, iPad 2 had vs. 2.1(I think).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice