Best way to connect with home PC...

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I've had my new iPad for almost a week now. One thing I tried doing was trying to establish a remote access between my iPad and home PC. I tried Spashtop and it works great.... as long as I'm at home. Once I stray from my humble abode I get a message that tells me that it is unable to establish a connection with my PC.

My question is this. What's a good program that will actually allow me to connect to my PC from work or is there something that I have to do to get this program to work. Thanks...

mjsavage

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
To connect when away from home you need to go to one of the network tabs and update with a google email account. Then go to settings and internet discovery in the app and upadte with same email Then you can connect when away from home. That is what I did and it works great when at home or away from home. You just have to be connected to Internet. Hope this helps.

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
To connect when away from home you need to go to one of the network tabs and update with a google email account. Then go to settings and internet discovery in the app and upadte with same email Then you can connect when away from home. That is what I did and it works great when at home or away from home. You just have to be connected to Internet. Hope this helps.

Do I do this on my home PC or on the iPad and how do I do that?

Have you opened the com port on your router to let Splashtop through?

I downloaded the part of the program to the PC and have the passwords. Beyond that I have no clue what you mean bt opening the com port on my router. How do I do that?

Thanks.....:confused:

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711