Problems Syncing PHOTOS

spanishcop

Mar 25, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone know a work around for the photos sync issue.

Problem: I am using windows 7 64bit, and when ever I sync my iPad 3rd gen to iTunes it will not copy all the pictures over. It will begin the process "example 1 of 31" and after about syncing 4 or 5 pictures the status bar scrolls extremely fast and fails to copy the rest of the photos as if it was just skipping them.

I have searched this issue and there are many people having this issue with the new ipad, though some of those people tried it on a 32bit operating system that they had on a laptop and sync fine . I have the ipad 2 also and have not had this problem, just with the new ipad.

Also when I go to view my photos some of my photos thumbnails are just solid white with new preview. Once I click on the blank thumbnails the photos will appear, but I cannot see which photo it is until I select it. Here is what the thumbnails are doing...

LINK TO PHOTO: Blank Thumbnails

Any suggestions ???

Mike

Last edited:

rew001

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Same here. 64bit windows 7 professional. Wife's laptop on 32 bit syncs fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
That manily just because the new ipad is not compatible with the 64 bit OS.

This is incorrect... there is a 64-bit version of iTunes for Windows.

I've had this similar problem twice with prior iPhones. Try unchecking the photo sync in iTunes and remove all the photos from your device and delete the "photo cache" in the root folder where your photos are stored to force iTunes to rebuild that database. But if I remember the only thing that ultimately solved the problem for me was a restore via iTunes.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234