So anyone with a 32gb thinking they should've gone 64gb instead?

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Got a 64 and probably would have gone 128 if Apple made it... IMO an extra $200 (over the baseline 16) is well worth it for future proof. However, my GF got a 32 and it seems to be more than enough for her...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

lonbeehold

May 29, 2009
Visit site
I like things to stay on the device (eg magazines) and found I was always worried abou space on my 32 iPad 2. I like the room that the 64 gives me without stressing that I'm going to run out. I also anticipate taking more videos with this iPad and also expect that apps themselves will take up more space when they are updated.

Chop

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I think a 128GB version - at the current pricing scale - would price these things out of reasonability, especially the data/wifi versions. You're talking $300 more than the base version - nearly $1000 for a data-enabled one. I love the iPad and all, but in NO WAY should it be priced like a far more capable machine, such as a laptop... even a MacBook Air. 64GB's probably as big as they'll go with these, without redoing their pricing. (which I don't see happening)

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I just returned the 32GB iPad today and purchased the AT&T 64GB 4G model from Target. I ended up going under 20GB of available usage on the 32GB after loading it up with more kid videos that I took on my 4S and a few more apps. So the $100 extra that I spent on the 64GB model is worth it to me in the end since I won't have to worry about having enough memory for a long time. :)

Sent from my LTE iPad using Tapatalk HD.

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Gave it a lot of thought, but with the way I use my devices right now, I'll probably stick with the 32gb. Most of my games are either on my iPod touch 4 or PlayBook, so the only ones I'll load up on the iPad are those either specific to it, or that would just be better on a large high res screen (ie. Infinity Blade). I don't have a lot of media on it, just podcasts, and maybe 2-3 movies at a time...everything else I stream. I figured even if I were to load up a few more apps, media, or magazines, at worse I should still be sitting around 3-4gb free. If I travel, I'll leave the iPad at home and just bring the PlayBook and load that up with movies and music. While it lacks the app ecosystem of the iPad, the Playbook's size, 16x9 screen, and stereo speaker setup make it a little better for music, movies and ebook reading, especially when on the go.

All that said, my next iPad will probably be a 64 or higher, if available :D

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I have 16gb left but I have absolutely nothing on it yet.... Sigh. I may go bigger if I don't go 4G.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

wiggy1

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Saying, "32 GB storage is all you need," is like saying, "a 486 processor is all the computing power you will ever need..."

I will be going for the 64GB version (still working toward my upgrade) because I learned my lesson with my 32 GB iPad 1. It just wasn't enough storage for me, but each person has to identify their own requirements.

anon(4144202)

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Well having had mine since it was released I went to my local Apple store today and exchanged my 32gb wi-fi to 64gb LTE. I only had about 3gigs left on the 32 and I started to think about what I was going to be using mine for and decided 32gigs was just way to small.

Jon525

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
My iPhone is still my main music player. And as for videos, I usually delete it after viewing. Some apps and games get boring or useless overtime so I would delete it as well. 32GB is fine for me.

MikeOM

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
So I went with the 32gb. I have about 7 days left to decide. I don't plan on putting music on here and only a few movies for trips which I will then remove when done with them. Got about 24 gb left right now.....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73