Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Global Posts
    22,314 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Unless you're using the iPad for business use, I don't see a need for a 3G/4G/LTE model, especially if you already own a smartphone.

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)
    iMore Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    Unless you're using the iPad for business use, I don't see a need for a 3G/4G/LTE model, especially if you already own a smartphone.

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)
    Maybe it's for commuters who don't drive. If I did not drive I would have defiantly got he 4g version. I'd rather read on my iPad then my iPhone especially if people have long bus rides or something it perfect for those situation not only business. Especially in downloading PDF for classes.
    Thanked by:
    a4abt (03-23-2012)

Global Posts
    22,314 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Boobie1192 View Post
    Maybe it's for commuters who don't drive. If I did not drive I would have defiantly got he 4g version. I'd rather read on my iPad then my iPhone especially if people have long bus rides or something it perfect for those situation not only business. Especially in downloading PDF for classes.
    Point well taken. Enjoy the rest of your evening.

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

I recently purchased an ipad2 and I was in love with it, being my first ipad. I got the 32g wifi version because where I live you need to sign up for a 2nd data plan and I simply didnt need another monthly bill when i never came close to my 2G data for my iphone and rarely need to tether becaue there is wifi everywhere I go.
    So.... I got my ipad 2 just before rumors of the new ipad release started circulating.... as a result I went back to the store I got it from and having a friend work there had them extend my return date for a month which would give me until after the speculated announcement date. When it was announced I went back and had it extended again for another month so I could keep it until the new one came out (and even for a while after incase they ran out of stock on release day).
    I was able to get my new ipad on the release date and I exchanged it outright. So for me, it was a no brainer..... While I love the new display, thats pretty much as far as it goes for me and since new ipad cant be jailbroken yet I actually miss my ipad 2 a lot. I'm sure that will change in time.
    With that being said if I could not have returned my ipad 2 and had to sell it for substancially less.... I probably wouldnt have bothered to get the 3.
    If you are going with the two however, I would say just get it used. The resale value depreciated when the 3 came out making it a good time to buy it used for much less.
    If you are set on buying new, go with the 3. Not only will the resale value be higher when you decide to get the new model when it comes out but you also have to keep in mind that as time goes on apps will be desiged for the 3... and the two will become old news sooner, just as the ipad1 did.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123