Strange issue with cellular data on my new iPad

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I'd been going back and forth with Verizon about my new iPad getting less than 1mb upstream speed on LTE for a few hours (typically as low as .3mb). tried going outside.. across the street.. nothing seemed to make a difference. my download speeds were good (5-10mb), only my upstream was bad.

I started to wonder if maybe something was wrong with my iPad. Then I thought maybe the Seidio Active case I had on it was causing a problem, so I took it off. Suddenly, my upstream speeds shot up to 3-4mb. Put the case back on, upstream speeds plummet back down to .2-.5mb. Long story short, after a bit more experimentation, if there is anything covering the black cutout on the back of my iPad (including a hand) my upstream speed goes right in the toilet.

WIFI is completely fine.

Anyone else experience this?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The Belkin folio case that I use covers up the back on mine and I have no data speed related issues. Maybe it has something to do with what the case that you are using is made up of or something.

benjamin22

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
iPad Case

That's weird that the case is affecting your data stream. My guess would be that there is some sort of metal used within the material to create the case. You will probably have to replace the case, or remove the section covering the internal transmitter. On a side note I don't know why everyone is upgrading to the new iPad the older model is nearly just as good. If you haven?t looked into the top tablets other than the iPad 3, or you are on the fence about a tablet take a look at <a href=" http://tablets.herobo.com " title="Tablet Reviews">these reviews</a>. The Asus review convinced me to get my Transformer and I haven?t looked back since.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox