Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

iOS Version

Exclamation Can't Connect to Yahoo Mail -- HELP!

I received my new iPad this afternoon and went through the motions of setting it up. When trying to add an email account, I keep getting the same popup message: "Verification Required -- Log into your Yahoo! Account at www.yahoo.com". I did not have this problem setting up email on my iPhone 4, and Google wasn't able to return any relevant results. Has anybody else been experiencing problems setting up their email accounts? What did you do to resolve the issue?

Thanks,
    Chris
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    IOS 5.1

I had the same happen to all my email accounts.You'll just have to re-type all the passwords for each account.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Newbie

iOS Version

Please disregard the above message -- I figured it out a few minutes after posting. It seems I actually had to log in to my Yahoo email through Safari on the iPad, after which I was able to go back to "Add Account" under "Settings" and set up my Yahoo email.

Chris

P.S. -- Thank you, Sphinx23, for your reply
    Last edited by OMMBoy; 03-17-2012 at 12:29 AM.
    iPhone Nanite

Default Re: Can't Connect to Yahoo Mail -- HELP!

Wrong. Delete your account under settings. Then go to Safari and clear history and cookies then try again. Worked for me.