Best Documents App

Dadman

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I've just upgraded to the iPad 3 and love it. However, an app I've had for a long time is not functioning. It is "Documents to Go" Premium edition. I can't seem to get any help from their support.

I was wondering: what Documents app is best for Word, Excel etc?

I'd really love it to be able to handle password encryption as Docs to Go does.

Any suggestions?

frodo

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Quick Office Pro is OK

I also have been using Documents To Go for years. I love their sync companion apps on PC and Mac (multiple directories sync in a single operation).

Haven't had time to thoroughly test it but I immediately noticed that it has serious problems with PDF files. I keep lots of sensitive customer files in AES 256 bit encrypted PDF format. I am now unable to properly zoom in with these PDF.

Quick Office Pro (and GoodReader) works fine with such files.

Very strange that Adobe didn't also get out a new build of its' own Acrobat Reader in time for the new iPad release...

cody

May 17, 2006
Visit site
I am using docs2go and have no problem with PDF or any documents for that matter.

I also use goodreader which seems to do better with those large (100mb or larger) PDFs

I use docs to go more with the excel files I use.

frodo

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
updates coming

Documents to Go has acknowledged problems with the new iPad and is working to correct them.

Adobe has released an update yesterday for its' Acrobat Reader.

c_hack

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I stopped using Docs to Go not just because of the high price - they don't sync with DropBox or Box.net and rarely update. Office2 has been my favorite. Their only drawback is no docx support - yet. They are working on it.

canadu

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
I am very happy with Quickoffice Pro. It offers a lot of customization it has dropbox access and it can manage PDF.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods