Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    iPhone Newbie

19 Posts
    Global Posts
    931 Global Posts

The best buy in big flats, ny has an off iPads. Last night I bought mine and they were only out of 32gb ones.
    iMore Pro

715 Posts
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts

Went to the Santa Rosa CA Apple store yesterday midday and bought a black 64gb 4G no problem. They told me they were selling a lot but they had ordered plenty to handle the demand. Seems like Apple produced enough of their new product to cover demand this time... hopefully it will be the same later this year for the iP5...
    iPhone Intermediate

215 Posts
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts

I was able to walk into an Apple store in Chicago and buy mine without a wait on Friday afternoon. I stopped at a Target today (also in the city) to see what there stock was like-they sold out on Friday and hadn't received any new ones as of this afternoon. I don't know what their starting stock was like in terms of numbers or versions.
    iMore Genius

8,505 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,588 Global Posts

Apple reported they sold over 3 million since Friday morning. (Don't know what the end of the timeframe was)... and I read somewhere that the Grand Central Station Apple Store was selling them at the rate of 18/minute for a large part of Friday...

There are still some to be had, but it appears it's a matter of "overstock" vs low demand.

iClarified - Apple News - Apple Has Sold Over 3 Million New iPads Already

iClarified - Apple News - Fifth Ave Apple Store Was Selling 18 iPads a Minute on Launch Day
    Last edited by Fausty82; 03-19-2012 at 07:01 PM.

40 Posts
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts

Plenty available in SoCal (LA) :

Manhattan Beach Apple Store had many in all flavors
    3rd Street Promenade Apple Store also has several

Unlike my iMore team experience in Walmart both stores operated a ticket system which wasn't really necessary by then. Curiously... if you go in as ask for an iPad the Blue Shirt runs outside to get the ticket before getting your iPad...

Recommend you let your fingers do the walking and call first. There's no shame in it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12