Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Are you happy with your new iPad?

Voters
229. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

219 95.63%
  • No!

10 4.37%
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    Administrator

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Exclamation Are you happy with your new iPad?

Yes or no? Why or why not?
    itsalexaye and eleniklon like this.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

FedEx just dropped mine off an hour ago.

Feelings thus far:

It almost goes without saying, but the display is incredible.

I must say though, regardless of actual measurements, this thing definitely feels slightly thicker and, moreso, dramatically heavier than the iPad 2.

iPad 2 feels much, much better in the hand.

Still, I'm pleased as punch thus far.

Can't wait to get it home and install everything.
    iPhone Intermediate

UPS dropped mine off about 1.5 hours ago. It's noticeably heavier but not enough to actually bother me at all. The screen is the best on anything I've owned or tried in a store. The camera on the back is in another league when compared with my iPad 2. iPhoto is amazing on this thing! I wish I could give one to the world like the old Coke commercials! Using with my old Smart Cover right now. Waiting on a white ClamCase to be made so that I can leave my heavy MacBook Pro at home. I love it!
    Sent from the crest of a wave.

iPhone 4S
    MacBook Pro
    iPad (3rd Generation)
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I'm very happy with mine! The retina display is such a huge upgrade to the iPad2.. And it sadly makes my PC monitor look like crap in comparison. Apple really outdid themselves with this device.

.. And call me crazy, I think the speaker actually sounds better than my iPad2 somehow...
    Current Apple Devices : MacBook Pro 13" (i7-2012) | iPhone 5S White 32gb (VZ) | iPad Air 128gb White (VZ) | iPad mini 64gb White WiFi | iPod Classic 160gb | Apple TV | Mac mini (2011)
    iMore Newbie

Jumping up from first generation so it acts and feels like a whole new gadget!
    sbrianw, DaiC1 and Gucciipad like this.
    iPhone Nanite

iOS Version

Mine made it before I had to go to work. Well done FedEx! It is only fabulous! Well done Apple! It is even snapper than the iPad 2.
    iPhone Newbie

Mine was delivered at 1:30 this afternoon. Impression so far, coming from an iPad 1 is: WOW! Display is awesome, and it's much snappier than the iPad 1. Just finished syncing everything and am playing with it now. Don't see any problems with it - but I'll check it out very carefully. So far I couldn't be happier; typical of my experience with every Apple product I've ever owned, going back to the OG Macintosh in 1984.
    iMore Newbie

iOS Version

Smile Loving it

Download speeds are so much faster. On Wi-Fi at home with my original iPad I was getting about seven Mbps with the new iPad on the same network I am getting about 20. And everything is so much faster than before!
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    661 Global Posts

No matter what you read in reviews about how awesome the new display is, words just cannot do it justice. It is jaw-dropping.
    Palm Pilot > Palm V > Palm Tungsten T > Palm Treo 650 > Palm Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Hero > Palm Pre > iPhone 4 > LG Quantum > Nokia Lumia 920 > iPhone 5S
    mjh483 likes this.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I'm extremely happy with mine... This is my first one
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    931 Global Posts

So far no problems happy thus far.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    IOS 5.1

I like the new retina display,had to watch an few movies on it,plus the games run much more smoothly than my original Ipad.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts

I'm happy I guess. It's my first iPad and tablet period. So I really haven't figured out how to use it in my daily life. Right now my heart just aches from dropping so much coin. My wife and I were using it to browse for vacation spots. The display sure made every spot look like a winner!
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,391 Global Posts

I am extremely happy with my new iPad so far. Glad I decided to get one.

Sent from my iPad 3 using Tapatalk.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,971 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Pretty much what I was expecting it to be.

I still can't believe how crazy this display is. I can't look at my PlayBook's screen the same anymore, my eyes have now been spoiled.
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I am very happy with the new iPad. The display really is amazing. It was a gift so I thrilled and surprised when it arrived!
    iPhone Nanite

In general I like it but why the big camera upgrade without including a flash??
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    5,609 Global Posts

The screen is amazing. Well worth the upgrade on this alone. Verizon LTE is just a bonus.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Ok I guess I am the only one who will be negative . The screen is great but Verzion LTE is not so hot. I will be taking mine back. I only upgrade from the ipad2 for LTE . Now if someone can tell the the new iPad is much faster on AT&T that the ipad2 I will pickup a new iPad on AT&T .
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    661 Global Posts

Your connection speed will obviously depend on the carrier's network in your area. If AT&T doesn't offer LTE coverage in your city, you shouldn't expect the AT&T iPad 3 to be any faster.

Sent from my The New iPad using Tapatalk
    Palm Pilot > Palm V > Palm Tungsten T > Palm Treo 650 > Palm Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Hero > Palm Pre > iPhone 4 > LG Quantum > Nokia Lumia 920 > iPhone 5S
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Ok but sense I did the OS UPGRADE on my iPhone 4s it now says 4g the same upgrade on the ipad2 did not change it it is still 3G . So I thought the new iPad might have a better radio.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by ronarchy View Post
    Jumping up from first generation so it acts and feels like a whole new gadget!
    Me to!!! This thing is SO MUCH faster than my OG iPad!!!
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    bone stock

going from iPad original to this - I'll say wow on the display even though you've read this 10,000 times previously. But there is no explaining how awesome it is - just go look at it. Not unless you're ready to buy one though Speed MUCH better over the OG iPad. I was getting frustrated with my original but this thing screams in comparison, no doubt. I could probably dump my MBA and live with this as my "portable computing device" now. Already have an Apple BT keyboard so good to go as far as I'm concerned. I went ahead and spent way too much - 64GB with ATT cellular modem and will be good to go. My OG was 32 GB but my iTunes library has expanded up to around 40 GB so that won't work anymore. But cloud storage will cover any extra needs that I have probably. I was showing my wife (an engineer) tonight all the different cloud connections I run now - sugarsync, dropbox, iCloud. Her comment was "why don't you just get a 16GB then as a thin mobile client"? Smart girl!

What else can I say? Every mobile computing task that I currently do can be handled by this now (amazingly). Wait for the new Ivy Bridge iMac to hit this summer and I will be a full fledged Apple Fanboi and have purged my house of winblowz. This pleases me to no end - I've seen Win 8 and it's really not any better. Hell, even MS will tell you it's Metro slapped on top of Win7.
    Thanked by:
    eddie6489 (06-08-2012)
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts

I am upgrading from the first gen so the extra weight isn't even an issue. Love the camera and getting to play with iPhoto and iMpvie for the first time, i also do a lot of podcast editing and have been trying to see how practical audio editing is on an iPad. One of the programs which I otherwise liked was Hokusai, but it kept the entire audio file in memory, and on my first gen iPad could only edit very short files. With the 1GB of RAM on the new model, I was able to edit a 35 minute file, although it gave me a warning that the file was "very long", it worked.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    13,201 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Wow 29-1 at this point. The forum members have spoken.
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast