Are you happy with your new iPad?

Are you happy with your new iPad?

• Total voters

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I totally love my new iPad.. I started with the original and loved that one, even expecting not, as I figured it was just a large Touch! I am so very wrong. I live on the iPad and use it for business instead of a laptop when visiting clients. I still admit my favorite part is that when I open the smart cover it ON really, it is just on.. amazing huh! Unlike the laptop that takes time to boot or sometimes never comes out of sleep or hibernate.

So easy to use, great apps, amazing screen, very fast, and now with the new camera, great for scans, and more. I don't regret the choice for a second.

emirozmen

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Display is freaking awesome!
Plus 4G turned out to be very useful. We dont have 4G/LTE in Turkey, however, i was able to get speeds between 15-25 mbps!! That is insane, it is faster than most LTE areas.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Yes and no... if I knew what I know now, I would have not bought it. I don't think it's worth it!

lucy2012

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
very happy ! this is my first ipad. Razor-sharp text. Richer colors. The Retina display transforms the entire iPad experience. So everything looks and feels incredibly lifelike and perfectly detailed

dino195

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I totally love my new iPad.. I started with the original and loved that one, even expecting not, as I figured it was just a large Touch! I am so very wrong. I live on the iPad and use it for business instead of a laptop when visiting clients. I still admit my favorite part is that when I open the smart cover it ON really, it is just on.. amazing huh! Unlike the laptop that takes time to boot or sometimes never comes out of sleep or hibernate.

So easy to use, great apps, amazing screen, very fast, and now with the new camera, great for scans, and more. I don't regret the choice for a second.

Ditto.

This is my first iPad and first apple product period. No problems whatsoever with mine and I have experienced none of the problems or issues that have been so widely reported.

Love it.

No more packing around a heavy laptop or having to set around waiting for it to boot (especially when I am with clients). I love the fact that I can just open the cover and it's on. Always connected through cellular data meaning I no longer have to search for wifi or go through passwords and authentication to gain access to the web.

I have had my new iPad for a little over a month and everyday I learn something new or discover a new app that makes me more productive and my life easier. Just got my Bamboo Stylus in the mail yesterday which is going to help me take a big step towards going paperless.

I cannot tell you how much time this thing is saving me by being able to handle tasks in the field that I used to have to spend hours working on at home with my PC. I am now connected in the field. I feel like I am finally stepping into the 21st century. Really gives me a lot more free time and helps to improve my quality of life.

I remember seeing on old laptop commercial a few years back with the puppet longing to be cut loose from his strings. I feel like that puppet who has been cut loose from his strings with my new iPad.

Hot94Z28

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
What aren't you liking about it?

I think if you had the iPad 2 then the upgrade might not seem like its worth it. Especially if you use wifi only or not in a 4G area. I came from a iPad 1 and it's worth the upgrade even without the 4G. Also most don't use the camera and that might not be worth the upgrade for the improved screen. Just like going for the iPad 2 when I had the iPad 1 was not worth the jump for me.

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
Ditto.

This is my first iPad and first apple product period. No problems whatsoever with mine and I have experienced none of the problems or issues that have been so widely reported.

Love it.

No more packing around a heavy laptop or having to set around waiting for it to boot (especially when I am with clients). I love the fact that I can just open the cover and it's on. Always connected through cellular data meaning I no longer have to search for wifi or go through passwords and authentication to gain access to the web.

I have had my new iPad for a little over a month and everyday I learn something new or discover a new app that makes me more productive and my life easier. Just got my Bamboo Stylus in the mail yesterday which is going to help me take a big step towards going paperless.

I cannot tell you how much time this thing is saving me by being able to handle tasks in the field that I used to have to spend hours working on at home with my PC. I am now connected in the field. I feel like I am finally stepping into the 21st century. Really gives me a lot more free time and helps to improve my quality of life.

I remember seeing on old laptop commercial a few years back with the puppet longing to be cut loose from his strings. I feel like that puppet who has been cut loose from his strings with my new iPad.
I'm digging mine, too. I'm also digging still having an additional one so that my lady, who waffles between wanting and not wanting one (as she scoops up mine occasionally), won't have to do without when I'm using mine.

As for the laptop, I feel you. I got an Asus Zenbook Ultrabook. These things barely weigh anything and they fit almost anywhere. So thin. So fast. So sexy (it really is pretty as hell).
I think if you had the iPad 2 then the upgrade might not seem like its worth it. Especially if you use wifi only or not in a 4G area. I came from a iPad 1 and it's worth the upgrade even without the 4G. Also most don't use the camera and that might not be worth the upgrade for the improved screen. Just like going for the iPad 2 when I had the iPad 1 was not worth the jump for me.
I own the original iPad and even then, I sweated over whether it was worth the jump. Besides the better specs on the new iPad, there's also the "cons" on the Classic model like slowing down (really noticeable lag) with 5.x, plus whatever the decreased battery life might be.

As far as 4G, if you get the AT&T model, their HSPA+ is pretty doggone fast. We've no actual (so-called) 4G where I live but we get several MB/s, still. That destroys the iPads 1 and 2 3G speeds.

We traveled, recently, and Orlando's LTE was nuts. Bla-zing! BLAZING.

The speed test meter was well into the red. I'm not even sure I got an accurate reading. They need to increase the range on the app because the speed was crazy fast. Blew my regular old, SPRINT 3G speed off the map.

The technophile in me wants to keep an original iPad but I am seriously considering replacing even that one. It's nice to have a second one, for various reasons.

Oh, that reminds me. Someone mentioned not using the camera much.

I didn't give a DAYUM about the camera on the iPad... but it sure does come in handy when you just need the picture to be on the iPad, right away, but don't want to go through an app like Bump or emailing. Additionally, as a tech pundit recently said, there's something very special about seeing your pictures and video at 8x10 size, AS YOU RECORD THEM. If you're skeptical, I don't blame you. I wasn't sold on the idea until I experienced it.

I still prefer the pictures on my iPhone 4S (when I had a Pre, it was even more of a hassle to get the pix to the iPad) but the camera on the new iPad is leagues ahead of the one on the iPad 2. Even the tech geek completist in me doesn't want to own that model. No offense to those who do but I found those camera specs offensive - almost as offensive as the fact that Apple had a space in the ORIGINAL iPad for a camera, but left it out.

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I am beyond happy. The display is mesmerizing, to the point people walking past my desk stop to stare. It's made reading a joy. It's almost hard to look at my iPhones display after spending a few hours on my iPad. Love it.

HarryStamper

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Love my iPad

I got an iPad2 two weeks ago and I can't put it down.
I have it set up with my books, pages and numbers, apps
HBO GO, Internet is great....Love it!!!!!!

Mella

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Actually its my bro's, but I really like it too!
extremely like the better camera, the photo makes my crow's-feet so clear! LOL

Ben0rr10

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I've been waiting to purchase an iPad for I guess you can say 3 generations, and it was well worth the wait. The display is beyond amazing, im a little under 2 weeks in and barely grazed the surface of what this thing can do. Looking to get a game soon to test out the quad-core graphics side of it all....:D

glidem

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I loved the iPad 2 for its functionality, however I never really used it as often as other devices. That is until I purchased the new iPad with the retina display and that changed everything.

I am sure like a lot of other members here, I just fell in love with the display and while the added weight and size is a slight downer - it has become my main device for browsing the web while relaxing.

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Well I'm two weeks into mine, and all I can say is WOW. I knew I would like it but I didn't know I would like it this much. Amazing. It's permanently attached to my hands.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711