Are you happy with your new iPad?

Are you happy with your new iPad?

• Total voters

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
If I remember right, you were against getting one prior to release.

I don't recall being "against" getting one. I wanted to wait and see what some of the reviews had to say about it. Also, I really wanted a 7" iPad and not a 9.7", however, when I found out that wasn't going to happen I decided to skip the reviews and pick one up and test it out myself as you had mentioned in this thread. http://forums.imore.com/1856663-post12.html As I sit here typing this reply on my New iPad, I'm glad I decided not to wait. :)

Mike53

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Very happy indeed it's my first iPad although I do have an iPod touch as well.Amazing screen resolution very good for viewing my photographs etc.What more can you say?

Last edited:

iLoveApple16

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Loving it! Using it right now for this post. My brother has the iPad 2 and the difference between the screens is amazing. I'd never be able to use an iPad 2 after seeing the retina display on this one. :D

luigidk

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
No

No reason at all to upgrade from an older iPad.

Apple no longer offers any advantage of non-apple tablets. Usability is fair but nothing great.

If you are shopping for a tablet - then include the New iPad as a consideration, but take a hard look at non-Apple tablets - for the money and usability - there are other options that may suit any individual better.

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
I don't recall being "against" getting one. I wanted to wait and see what some of the reviews had to say about it. Also, I really wanted a 7" iPad and not a 9.7", however, when I found out that wasn't going to happen I decided to skip the reviews and pick one up and test it out myself as you had mentioned in this thread. http://forums.imore.com/1856663-post12.html As I sit here typing this reply on my New iPad, I'm glad I decided not to wait. :)

Indeed. When the original debuted, I was highly skeptical but decided, by a strange convergence of events, that I'd rather dive in right away and return it, if necessary, than decide I wanted it, once they were to scarce to obtain. I was glad I did then and I'm glad I did this time.

I'm also enjoying comparing the original and the New side-by-side. It's occasionally very instructive.

Last edited:

Trexwarrior

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I like my iPad but it seems like its worse with fingerprints than our 1st gen iPad was. Supposedly this is suppose to be fingerprint proof.. :eek:

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I've read nothing about the current generation being any more fingerprint-resistant than the original.

That's because it is not any more or less prone to fingerprints than the first or second generation iPads. As far as I know the screen is exactly the same.

Sent from my iPad 4G using Tapatalk HD.

MikeWoot

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
I am happy with it.

I've had my new iPad for about a week now, and I must say I am really pleased with it. Aside from the very occasional WiFi glitch. My experience has been relatively problem free. I have played Infinity blade until the batter was almost dead, and did not sense a heating issue, but that could also be due to my hefty Seido Active Case which does an awesome job protecting my new iPad and providing very stable stand modes so I can confidently use my iPad anywhere.

MikeWoot

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
I've read nothing about the current generation being any more fingerprint-resistant than the original.
I have noticed exactly the same number of fingerprints on my iPad; I use my iPad all the time and it gets a layer of fingerprint grease across the entire screen pretty quick. I don't like to use screen protection because I feel that it reduces sensitivity.

jimmers

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm very happy with it. It's a huge improvement over my 1st gen iPad. I went with the white 32gb AT&T model. <3 it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Glenn#IM

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I never had an iPad. I almost bought an iPad 2. I am glad I waited for the new iPad. The display is amazing. I have a 4S, so seeing the retina display on a 9.7 inch screen is amazing. I did not mirror my iPhone, but set up the iPad the way I wanted. Great battery life, takes a little longer to charge, but lookin at the battery size, that is normal. I am really glad I waited.

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
I wasn't so happy when all of my music kept disappearing from my iPad. Hopefully, that's all done.

I'm starting to love the screen although I was absolutely not blown away when I first saw it. I'm not sure how true the colors are but that blue is beautiful.

Seeing 8 x10 photos on it immediately is awesome. A decent camera helps that.

I wish there was an easier way to transfer pix from the iPhone to the iPad.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I wasn't so happy when all of my music kept disappearing from my iPad. Hopefully, that's all done.

I'm starting to love the screen although I was absolutely not blown away when I first saw it. I'm not sure how true the colors are but that blue is beautiful.

Seeing 8 x10 photos on it immediately is awesome. A decent camera helps that.

I wish there was an easier way to transfer pix from the iPhone to the iPad.

How do you transfer pics now?

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
How do you transfer pics now?

I either don't or I email them to myself, most of the time.

Recently, a friend mentioned that I could use the camera kit/usb adapter and the Apple cable to connect the iPad and iPhone. The iPad would see the pictures from the iPhone just like a flash drive, camera, or sd card.

I tried it and it worked. I'd prefer to be able to beam them back and forth via Bluetooth, as I'm not always in a wifi location, and it seems really silly that I could do that YEARS ago on my Treo's, but can't transfer files that way in 2012.

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
I'm very happy with it. It's a huge improvement over my 1st gen iPad. I went with the white 32gb AT&T model. <3 it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I feel somewhat similarly. I was pretty happy with my "Classic" and so I wasn't terribly compelled by the new model, but there were definitely some issues that could be improved.

Having so much more RAM (4x as much, I believe) helps for sure. I'd hoped that it would mean that I could have more apps stay open longer, but that hardly seems to be the case. I still have to close apps and restart to restore full functionality, at times (of course, that was on the model that was "losing" my music).

That RAM *does* come in handy when I've got a one or more webpages open in Safari and don't want them to have to refresh or reload whenever I switch tabs or apps. That'd get old. And it, sometimes, resulted in lost progress.

I still don't consider it fully post-pc, but it's getting there.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I have a Flickr Pro account i use to share pics among devices. It's unlimited uploads. It doubles as cloud storage too since it keeps original files. FlickrStackr app works great. There's a PC app that can download everything for local backup. My privacy settings are friends & family only on flickr.

Upload the keepers, done. Saves on storage too.

Videos are harder to manage. I can upload smaller ones to Flickr. Bigger ones i need to store on PC and can use air video. For sharing, i use youtube or facebook.

1badapple

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Are you happy with your new iPad ?

I cannot say enough about how much I enjoy using this incredible piece of technology . I use my new iPad all the time . I quit using the junk laptop I have because I can do everything on my iPad that I do on my laptop . Thanks to apple for putting out a great product . I used to be a android fan but I picked up a iPhone 4s and ipad2 and can't say enough about them . I was lucky at the time to get the new iPad cause it was the last one target had a 64 gb white wifi just what I wanted. I got a square trade extended warranty and I'm set for a good long time !! :cool:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711