New iPad data speed tests - Let's see them!

Chris Parsons

Oct 30, 2007
Visit site
With the new iPad packing LTE 72mbps and HSPA+ 42mbps, let's see some of those speed test results!

(Not sure how to do a speed test? It's easy, just [URL="http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/speedtest.net-mobile-speed/id300704847?mt=8&at=10l3Vy]download SpeedTest.net[/URL] onto you iPad and hit the big button! -- yeah, it's an iPhone app but it works fine on your new iPad!)

ShadezOfGray

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
My home wifi is 30mbps. Not bad considering the torrential rain we have right now.
2vao5ty.jpg

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Be prepared to be underwhelmed with my local VZ LTE's terrible upstream speed!

Multiple tests with multiple servers and this is the best result achieved...

Chrishodds

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
And he UK results are....

Poor I'm afraid. Well in comparison to any ****ry who's government got their act together and acutely allows providers to sell off 4G real estate that is.

Don't get me wrong the 19+Mbps DL speed from my HSPA+ carrier 3 was a truly positive surprise given Offcoms complete lack of interest in the next gen tech. However, given we are are broadband Britain I can't help but wish I lived in outer-nowhere-northern-sweeden where my new iPad would achieve a more respective-of-it's-tech 80+Mbps rate

4gltewhat

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
My AT&T sim works better in my Verizon iPad then the one from Verizon.
AT&T speeds are consistently 3-7mbps up
Verizon standing still just outside albany ny is very inconsistent.
Best is 21mbps worst is 0.16mbps,that's right less than 1.0 Mbps in a city that is supposed to have 4G LTE. False advertising? Maybe. Even with the occasional 20 Mbps the average speed at the same location on the same device is is faster on AT&T's faux 4G. Beautiful device and I'm so glad my AT&T sim works in it as well.

Freiteez

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Why would you guys get 4G service if you don't even get 4G speeds? My 4S is getting better speeds then some of these I'm seeing...

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
This was my first speed test. I don't have LTE in my area with AT&T yet, so this is what I'm getting on their HSPA+ network.

ad310dce-a586-1e91.jpg

Jonmartin

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
How do u know if ur on LTE ? I'm not getting good speeds in my area I was under the impression I had LTE in my area.

Getting about 1-8 mb down less then 1mb upload

P.s. I have an LTE iPad with At&t it always says 4G in the corner...

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
How do u know if ur on LTE ? I'm not getting good speeds in my area I was under the impression I had LTE in my area.

Getting about 1-8 mb down less then 1mb upload

P.s. I have an LTE iPad with At&t it always says 4G in the corner...

Good question as I was wondering the same thing myself. AT&T only has HSPA+ here not LTE. Maybe someone that does have an AT&T iPad with LTE service in their area can comment on whether or not it says 4G all the time, or also displays LTE in certain areas as well?

Sent from my AT&T LTE iPad using Tapatalk.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro