Are you upgrading?

Are you upgrading from a iPad or iPad 2?

• Yes, from a iPad.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • Yes, from a iPad 2.

Votes: 25 33.8%
  • No.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • Not sure.

Votes: 8 10.8%

• Total voters

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Upgrading from a 32GB Wifi iPad 2 to a the 32GB LTE. Why? Retina was main reason. Also wanted one with network so LTE was a major plus.

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm upgrading from a 16GB Wifi Black iPad2 to a 64GB Verizon LTE White iPad (gen3). Several reasons why :

1 - Retina display - love to edit photos and create content on my iPad
2 - LTE/Cellular Radio - I've grown to really want to be able to connect anywhere. Been a few times in recent memory where I've wanted to use my iPad but had no WIFI available.
3 - Capacity - I'd opted for 16GB originally because I really had no idea what I was going to use the iPad2 for initially (bought it on a whim with gift cards). Over time I started playing games (some close to 1GB in size) and reading comic books on it, space started to get tight. I figured this time I'd future-proof and go large.

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I just bought my 16GB iPad 2 in November, and I can't justify upgrading after only 4 months of using it. Sure, I'd love to have a better screen (especially since I use it as my primary eReader), and I definitely could go for the LTE model, but it doesn't seem to make sense now.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No. I'm thoroughly satisfied with my iPad 2. The screen is big and bright, it's fast, it's thin and it's bought and paid for. The new iPad isn't worth the upgrade with regard to 'my' usage and needs.

Just Me, D
Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)

MayaD

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
Upgrading from original because I do a lot of reading on my pad an am looking forward to an even better experience.

Ruthie

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Upgrading from the original - I have a 16gb which isn't enough so have decided to upgrade to a 32gb. When the new one was announced I decided it was the perfect opportunity. I have sold my original one to a friend for ?175.00. My new one arrives on Monday.;)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Upgrading from original because I do a lot of reading on my pad an am looking forward to an even better experience.

I understand. I read a lot, as well. The majority of my book reading is done via my Nook Simple Touch e-reader and I read rss feeds and other Internet related stuff via my iPad 2 or my iPhone 4S. As you can see, me upgrading to the "new iPad" doesn't make sense.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPad 2)

JBaby_9783

Jan 22, 2009
Visit site
Retina. It's all about Retina. I don't care about anything else. I read on my 4S and iPad 2 all the time. 4S is better simply because of Retina. March is Read an Ebook month! I can't wait to dive into a book on the iPad!

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Can't see the difference between SD and HD, so why go with bigger and heavier.
You're forgetting the new iPad is faster. Also, I had the iPad 2 and the difference between the 2 and the new one is big. I didn't think so till I saw the 2 of them side by side. The Regina display on the new iPad is much better to look at, IMO.

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Probably not. Just picked up a 64gb ipad2 for a cheaper price upgrading my 1st gen 16gb iPad. The retina display is great, but the one on the 2 is pretty good too. Plus, the overheating issues, battery life and charge time are things I want to see sorted out before I pick one up. I'm sure it's just a firmware upgrade.

Cantime77

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Retina Display and LTE

As usual you will see the reasons more apparent once new apps show up and the iOS itself gets updated with some new features that the old processor (at least in the first gen iPad) will be unable to cope with.
If you are reading books or doing the photo work the retina display makes a solid difference and if you are in the LTE area the network simply jumps out, there is no comparison with the 3g.
Well worth the move for me and I have not noticed any overheating issues.

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
I purchased the iPad 2 WiFi hoping that the third generation would have LTE (and saving $130). Thankfully it did and now my wife has the great iPad 2 WiFi and I have the amazing new iPad with LTE which comes in handy with my traveling job.

1badapple

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Are you upgrading ?

Why yes I did upgrade from a 32gb iPad 2 wifi to a 64 gb wifi white new iPad. Could not be happier and it's worth it just wish sprint had Lte and the new iPad cause their unlimited plans are truly unlimited unlike the Verizon and AT&T who change their prices and gb's every other day !!:cool:

GPD1739A

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I upgraded from an iPad 1 AT&T to the new iPad 4G Verizon.
I don't use the built-in cellular data that much, but it seems as though Verizon is faster in my area (Chicagoland suburbs) than AT&T based on SpeedTest results.

The biggest draw for me was the Retina Display.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I updated from and iPad 2-32gb 3G AT&T to a iPad 3rd Gen 32gb Wifi Only, I guess some would say that is a downgrade. However, in the year I've had the iPad 2 I had the 3G activated twice for a month each and then hardly used it. I opted to get rid of my unlimited on AT&T though and go with the 5GB Hotspot which works out great for me. Even since doing this I've never made it to 2GB in a single month. The Retina display though was well worth it and I think the iPad 3rd gen with a bit more ram is a tab bit snappier doing most task. I sold my iPad 2 for almost what I had in it, so it was a win win.

I prefer doing the hotspot and just keeping my iPad Wifi, another factor is almost everywhere I use it, I have access to wifi too.

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I ordered the new iPad last Tuesday, and it's scheduled to be here tomorrow. Should be a substantial upgrade from my iPad 1.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR