Pre-Ordered iPad 3 wifi on its way but contemplating LTE
Question for the masses,
I have Verizon LTE in my area and I have a LTE MIFI that is month to month at the moment. I use it almost daily. I pulled the trigger on wifi only iPads (one for me and the wife). I'm thinking that I should ditch the hotspot and just take that monthly fee.
I am thinking about seeing if I can take my iPad wifi shipment on Friday to my apple retail store and hopefully exchange them for LTE versions (and pay the difference), but that will probably not happen due to supply.
I mostly use my MIFI at my desk at work (which sadly doesn't give me LTE reception until I walk outside) and for my on-call work. I also plan on using my tethering with my 3DS and Vita as well. My wife and I both use our iPads at coffee shops and other places occasionally, but wifi quality is hit or miss in those places.
Any opinions or suggestions would be helpful.
As I see them-
Reasons for waiting on iPad LTE:
iPad LTE and tethering will be all in one device
Less chargers to carry (have car chargers for both iPad and MIFI though)
Maybe longer battery life during tethering
GPS in the iPad LTE
Since MIFI is month to month, no warranty if it breaks (but can always get another one on contract)
Reasons for keeping MIFI:
MIFI is more portable and easier to carry (if I'm using it for laptop only)
If iPad breaks or reboots my internet is still in business with my MIFI
I don't need to carry around my iPad with me everywhere I go outside the house (similar to the first reason in this list)