So who's not in a hurry...
I know a lot of folks are chomping at the bit to get their hands on the latest and greatest. but to tell you the truth, I won't feel so anxious until I have a chance to see the new iPad up close and personnal to make sure I'm getting value for the amount of money it'll cost. I currently have the iPad classic, but no 3G/4G and I know I want that much. So here's the deal, the new one will have to be quite noticibly slicker and quicker or I just might hang and get an iPad 2.
Anyone else out there hanging back so they can wait until the fenzy dies down and they can take a more objective look at the new iPad or are waiting to buy-in for some other reason? I'm curious what the thinking about this is out there....
- 03-14-2012, 02:13 PM #2
And now my pet peeve... I wish to God people would stop making up names for Apple's devices. There is NO such thing as an iTouch (it's the iPod Touch) and WTH is an 'iPad classic'? If you have the original iPad, THAT's what it is - the original iPad... not sure Apple even calls it the "iPad 1", but it DEFINITELY IS NOT 'the iPad Classic'. *SMH*
Last edited by Fausty82; 03-14-2012 at 02:16 PM.
- 03-14-2012, 02:17 PM #3
I want it because of retina.
I'd prefer it now because i'd get more use out of it in case I want something different later..
If i don't like it for some odd reason, i'll simply return it. If i wait to see it in person, i'll be scrambling to find one in stock.
- 03-14-2012, 02:31 PM #4
- 03-14-2012, 02:40 PM #5
- 03-14-2012, 02:41 PM #6
- 03-14-2012, 03:49 PM #7
Meanwhile back at the ranch, I'll meander on over to Verizon this weekend and take a look at it and see how much of my hard earned cash I'm willing to part with. In the long run and before this summer I will be upgrading. It's just a matter of what I'm will ing to spend for what I want to do. The iPad 2s is still very much in the running though....
- 03-14-2012, 07:05 PM #9
I preordered the New iPad the day they started taking orders. However, I called Apple and canceled the order the next day. I decided to wait and see what others have to say about it first. After owning the first and second iPad I'm just not so sure that I really want another one. I'm going to wait a bit and see what new Android Tabs are coming out soon. Also, I really would rather have a 7" Tablet instead of a 9.7". There is plenty of time left for me to decide. If I am going to spend over $800. on another Tablet I want to make sure it is one that I will be fully satisfied with.
Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.
- 03-14-2012, 07:05 PM #10
This will be my first iPad purchase and I will be waiting until it can be picked up at the store. I'm very busy so the only time I'm free is Friday afternoon where I will pass an apple store on my way to school. Otherwise the other locations are a 30-45 min drive that I cant really do for a few more weeks. And I hate shopping at the retail stores because all the works are busy answering foolish questions to preven me from going in and out
I think my shortest visit to buy something from the retail store is still like 1.5-2 hrs when I already knew what I wanted but no one was free to get it for.
- 03-14-2012, 07:07 PM #11
- 03-14-2012, 07:22 PM #12
Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.
- 03-14-2012, 07:27 PM #13
- 03-14-2012, 07:33 PM #14
I also got the iPhone 4s at launch, but I had the original Droid when I did it and was close to commiting cellacide. I've been really happy with the 4s. The iPad Classic has been working well, but I'd really like the 3G/4G capibility when traveling. That's the biggie for me. A little patience and poking around and I'm sure I could easily score a used iPad 2 for a decent price without buying the iPad 2s.
- 03-14-2012, 07:38 PM #16iMore Newbie
- 46 Posts
I have an iPad 1 and definitely think the "new" iPad is an awesome upgrade (the retina display alone is worth the upgrade), but for me, I don't see a huge advantage (for what I use my iPad for) that requires me to pick one up on the release day. At some point though I'll spring for the 64GB 4G+Wifi.
- 03-14-2012, 07:43 PM #17
iPad 2 owner here 32gig wifi jailbroken. I pre ordered the 16gig wifi mainly for the screen and speed. With all the cloud storage I have i dont think I need anything more than 16 since I wont really do too much video or photos. I use my iPhone for that.
Plan: Sell on eBay for $350-400 and upgrade for possibly $100. If I get it and it ain't all that (which I doubt) I will return it.
- 03-14-2012, 07:52 PM #18
- 03-14-2012, 07:54 PM #19
- 03-14-2012, 08:25 PM #20
- 03-14-2012, 10:18 PM #21
- 03-14-2012, 10:53 PM #22
- 03-14-2012, 11:15 PM #23
- 03-15-2012, 12:23 AM #24