Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    Administrator

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Exclamation I have my new iPad!

This will be the official "I have my new iPad" thread! When you get your new iPad post here and let us know!
    Last edited by Jeremy Sikora; 03-15-2012 at 05:06 PM.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    919 Global Posts

I will start it off! I got my new iPad! well sorta...I got a 16 gig at walmart 12:01 launch, still have my 32 being dropped off tomorrow!
    Administrator

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts

I have my new iPad! 64GB, Wi-Fi Only in White. Bought at Walmart, right at midnight, at the Doral location in North Miami.
    iPhone Newbie

iOS Version

I picked one up. Figured this thread would have more replies by now.

The story ’round these parts is no one is that interested (or they’ve all pre-ordered). I decided to swing by the nearest Walmart at the 7am opening time (but wound up not getting there till 7:30am) and discovered they’d only sold TWO ipads in their first half-hour. Mine was the third.

They had absolutely no new signage, 3rd gen. display models, etc. and an allotment of twenty iPads total (this is a pretty small Walmart); 5 each of the black/16/wifi, black/32/wifi, white/32/wifi+4g and white/64/wifi+4g. Didn’t ask which flavor of 4g they had. But judging by the lack of crowd, that 20 might last them a good long while.

On the way out, at just past 8am, I swung by a Target (9am open) and a Best Buy (10am open) that share a parking lot a few miles away from the Walmart. No one was waiting at the Target, and only two people were waiting at the Best Buy (but they might have been security as they were BS’ing with a blue-shirt employee who was outside with them.

The Best Buy had gone through the bother of setting out a huge row of orange cones (which made me figure they may have been worried about a crowd) but it was looking pretty grim.

Perhaps the pre-orders killed the release day demand? Or maybe the kind of people who would wait went instead to the nearest 24-hour Walmart that’s probably 45 minutes from here?

Has the era of line sitting for gadgets finally ended?
    Last edited by FLskydiver; 03-16-2012 at 08:34 AM.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    5,781 Global Posts

I think demand was off the charts. They just really opened it up launching this thing. Preorders, stores, their own stock at apple stores, carriers, etc. It's a pretty amazing launch.

With the retina card played though, yeah, this is probably the peak for the ipad in terms of long lines at launch. Again, amazing considering the price range of these things.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts

Got mine finally!

I though I won't make it but I turned out I was the fifth on the line there was no long line at the apple store I went to. I'm pretty sure they gonna have extra for the next few days.

iPhone Newbie

iOS Version

I haven't waited in a retail line since black friday of 2007. Actually, that was the only time I ever waited in a retail line not involving concert or sports tickets (before those all went online too). Got some sweet deals on home theater stuff that year.

After a sleepless night tonight I figured I try it again to pick up my first iPad (didn't get around to pre-ordering in time for release day delivery). I wound up late to the earliest opening retailer nearby, but even had I gotten there before they opened I don't think I would have gotten to wait in a line. Does two people even count as a line?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0 Beta1

I just got my 16 gig Verizon LTE. Got there when they opened , no line at all. Loving the Retina Display
    Owner of : Verizon iPhone 6+ Space Grey 128GB and iPad Air 16 GB Wifi / Cellular
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0 Beta1

And I was at the Verizon Store with no line
    Owner of : Verizon iPhone 6+ Space Grey 128GB and iPad Air 16 GB Wifi / Cellular
    iMore Beginner

Got my 32gb from RadioShack my preorder of the 16gb is on the way but I'll be returning it. Figured I'll need more space.mgot the last 32gb I'm white.
    iPhone Intermediate

iOS Version

i got the 16gb wifi black from radioshack at 9am
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    1,973 Global Posts

Will the ipad2 cases work for the New Ipad?
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts

UPS delivered mine about 45 minutes ago...haven't had the chance to play with it yet

[IMG][/IMG]
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Posting from my new iPad using the non-HD version of Tapatalk. I can confirm that non-retina apps do look good on the new display. Can't believe how sharp this thing is.....
    Current Apple Devices : MacBook Pro 13" (i7-2012) | iPhone 6 128gb Space Grey (VZ) | iPad Air 128gb White (VZ) | iPod Classic 160gb | Apple TV | Mac mini (2011)
    iPhone Nanite

Default Delivered

UPS update states my iPad was delivered at 9:56 AM. That is way earlier than UPS usually delivers to my house. Of course I am at work today and cannot leave for a while.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I was home before 8:30 from Verizon with my shiny new black 64gb iPad. LTE smoked my Wifi connection, I may be upgrading that 2gb plan before too long!

Quote Originally Posted by slammers08 View Post
    Will the ipad2 cases work for the New Ipad?
    My Speck case fits fine. The Zagg case w/ keyboard that I will be returning/selling was labeled for iPad 2, but it fit fine as well.
    Verizon iPhone 4S white 32gb
    Verizon iPad black 64gb + 4g
    16gb white WiFi iPad 2
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    298 Global Posts

I just got mine from Bestbuy. 32gb, 4G (vzw) white. I got there and saw there were a few people redeeming vouchers, so I asked an employee how the madness was this morning and whether they had any left... he said: "we had a pretty good crowd, but yes we have some 16GB and 32GBs" ... after the guy walked away, the guy behind me in line (who had a voucher) said "Don't let him fool you - there were 6 of us (people in line) this morning."...

I am thinking most people pre-ordered, or decided not to fight the masses

but i got mine!
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    694 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Mine just arrived.. 32GB Black WI FI
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    iOS Version

VZW LTE in my area is leaving a bit to be desired .. 3.5 down and .5 up! And that's the best score.. The worst is .19 up LOL
    Current Apple Devices : MacBook Pro 13" (i7-2012) | iPhone 6 128gb Space Grey (VZ) | iPad Air 128gb White (VZ) | iPod Classic 160gb | Apple TV | Mac mini (2011)
    LCW
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,368 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Got my 64GB wifi this am at 11a !!

The screen is AMAAAAAAAZING!!!!!!!
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    312 Global Posts

I'm thinking I should have just gone to the Bestbuy today... who knows when the FedEx will show... LOL dang it I can never get it right. I'll update post when the driver arrives.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Fed Ex delivered my iPad shortly after 9am CST. The screen is beautiful and browsing is beyond fast!

MB Pro 13" 2.3GHz Intel Core i5 4GB |13" Macbook Air 1.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 4GB 128GB SSD| iPad (3rd Gen) 64GB Wifi | iPad 16GB Wifi | iPhone 6+ Sprint|Apple TV 2|iPod Video 80GB
    iPhone Intermediate

iOS Version

Unhappy

I just got mine!!!! The FedEx guy had a whole box of them for my apartment complex! I love it!!!
    <3 my iPhone 5!!
    DaPhoneking likes this.
    iMore Newbie

Default FedEx

Got mine around 11:30; driver said that mine was the only one on his truck. I'm sure the other routes will have many more since this area is more commercial.
    iMore Beginner

iOS Version

Doorbell just rang..I'm like YES!!! Through window I see a FEDEX truck...huh!?...it was a pair of workpants I forgot I ordered....still waiting on UPS
    DaPhoneking likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast