What time to go to Apple Store?

mtmjr90

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone,

Last year, there were no pre-orders so I just waited in line for 11 hours, but this year I pre-ordered. Does anyone out there know about how long a pre-order line is early in the morning?

I ask because if stores open at 8 and I have to be gone by 10am, will there be enough time? I'm thinking of getting there around 7-7:30... (and it's not a major metro area)

Thanks!

-mtmjr90

alex.shimp

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
Hey everyone,

Last year, there were no pre-orders so I just waited in line for 11 hours, but this year I pre-ordered. Does anyone out there know about how long a pre-order line is early in the morning?

I ask because if stores open at 8 and I have to be gone by 10am, will there be enough time? I'm thinking of getting there around 7-7:30... (and it's not a major metro area)

Thanks!

-mtmjr90
I reserved a iPhone 4 here at the Tampa apple store. I decided to go over the night before to "check it out" already had a sizable line at 9pm by the time the store opened the line was INSANE wrapping around the mall. Having preordered and reserved my phone and getting there the night before I was out by like 9 am.

alex.shimp

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
they actually did, once you got into the mall, they had a line for those of use that reserved, and one line for walkups. The staff came out starting about like 5. 5:30am, and started checking everyone in who reserved, and checking in those that were walkups by giving them a little card representing their phone.

kiwiruss

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I walked into the local Best Buy store in the evening of IPAD 2 launch day and and asked about IPADs and they have one 64GB wifi only model left, so I bought it.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I underestimated the 4S launch and decided to wait until the day of launch. That was a mistake. It was sold out everywhere. IF I were to be getting one on launch day I would call it an early line up

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Get there as early as you are willing to get there. People will camp out. Others will get there a couple hours early. How bad you want one?

mtmjr90

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Well I'm guaranteed one cause I preordered...I called an they said there would be a separate line for preorders so I figured getting there an hour or so before opening would be okay=/

alex.shimp

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
The mall that the Tampa Apple Store is located in has already blocked off parking spots. May have to swing by after work and see how many people are lined up

decarlo4

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I underestimated the 4S launch and decided to wait until the day of launch. That was a mistake. It was sold out everywhere. IF I were to be getting one on launch day I would call it an early line up

On launch day I walked into my local Apple store around noon and bought 2 iPhone 4s. I returned 3 days later and swapped out one for a different color and there was available stock. My local store had a huge stock and stayed busy the first few days.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711