FaceTime over 4G LTE?

Biopsidy

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
So unless I'm blind I saw no mention of whether FaceTime will be available over 4G. The support pages still say that it's wifi only which makes me wonder if it will be changed for 4G support. A few people speculated that apple will support it over 4G because "it makes sense" (does it still make sense to have a VGA front camera in 2012? Um...no), but anyone who really knows apple knows they don't always think that way.

So, any mention of 4g support or are we doomed for FaceTime over wifi forever? And please no "it wouldn't work well on 4g" or "that's not needed" fanboy comments because Tango works just fine and yes there are people who actually aren't at home all day or at starbucks to be near a hotspot.

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
So unless I'm blind I saw no mention of whether FaceTime will be available over 4G. The support pages still say that it's wifi only which makes me wonder if it will be changed for 4G support. A few people speculated that apple will support it over 4G because "it makes sense" (does it still make sense to have a VGA front camera in 2012? Um...no), but anyone who really knows apple knows they don't always think that way.

So, any mention of 4g support or are we doomed for FaceTime over wifi forever? And please no "it wouldn't work well on 4g" or "that's not needed" fanboy comments because Tango works just fine and yes there are people who actually aren't at home all day or at starbucks to be near a hotspot.

Apple has supported FaceTime over 3G all along... and they will for 4G/LTE, as well. The issue is with the carriers who don't want their bandwidth gobbled up with FaceTime calls. Complain if you need/want to, but complain to the correct authority: AT&T, VZW, Sprint and the other carriers that don't allow it... NOT to Apple.

Dionte

Jul 6, 2008
Visit site
I wondered the same thing, 4g Lte is faster than most places that I use wifi. Plus Skype and Tango work just fine.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW