- iMore Newbie
- 13 Posts
You are all wrong!!!
I'd be willing to bet a million bucks if I had it that the ipad 3 WILL NOT get a retina display. Why you ask?
Because it would make no sense for the following reasons:
1. Too many pixels for 3d games to push.
2. 4 times more pixels would require a whole lot more power hungry processor which would translate into lower battery life and apple would not go for that.
3. A nice 1080p screen will be just good enough for iPad 3 and current iPad apps (before they get updated) would simply have a half an inch border around them.
4. The iphone 4 NEEDED a quad resolution display since having a border on an already tiny screen would have been overkill. So Apple had no choice but to go with four pixels to properly display one. The iPad 3 on the other hand, can handle a nice border for current apps just fine.
5. A glasses-free 3d screen would be way more impressive than that many extra pixels no one will ever notice.
6. Xbox 360 has a hard time running many games at 1080p, so how on earth will little ipad 3 run apps at 1536p with less power and keep the notorious 10 hour usage?
7. Watching movies/videos on the iPad 3 (with a retina display) would ALWAYS look blurry since even a 1080p movie would have to be stretched to fill the entire screen.
8. Apple is not stupid. They only do things if it makes sense, and a iPad sporting a 2058 x 1536 resolution screen doesn't make sense. It makes no sense for games, videos, movies and performance. All the four things matter to apple a whole lot. Especially performance in the battery department!
Remember who you heard it from first-
Within 8 days, you will all find out that I was right all along
Last edited by helmania; 02-28-2012 at 09:53 PM.
- 02-28-2012, 09:33 PM #2
- 02-28-2012, 11:13 PM #3
- 02-28-2012, 11:19 PM #4
- 02-28-2012, 11:55 PM #5
- 02-29-2012, 12:11 AM #6
- 02-29-2012, 12:33 AM #8
- 02-29-2012, 01:00 AM #9
- 02-29-2012, 08:41 AM #10
- 02-29-2012, 01:25 PM #11
- 02-29-2012, 03:43 PM #12
- 02-29-2012, 04:14 PM #13
- 03-07-2012, 03:49 PM #14
- 03-08-2012, 12:23 AM #15
- 03-08-2012, 07:23 AM #16
- 03-08-2012, 07:45 AM #17
- 03-08-2012, 07:59 AM #18
Last edited by Fausty82; 03-08-2012 at 08:02 AM.
- 03-08-2012, 11:09 AM #19