What will it take for you to upgrade?

What one feature (if any) will it take for you to upgrade to the next gen iPad?

• Total voters

mbobella

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I believe that the retina display is going to old news whenever the new iPad comes out. Just a speculation. Go big or go home right?

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
The cameras are already great, processor is great... Maybe a retina display? Idk what else you can put on a iPad to upgrade it. Has to be something spectacular or I'm staying put.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't have an iPad at the moment so the next iPad having a Retina display with LTE capabilities will do.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I haven't decided if I was going to jump on the iPad 3 bandwagon considering I have no issues with the 2 and I want a iMac.

Sent from HIS WORLD on my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
The cameras are already great, processor is great... Maybe a retina display? Idk what else you can put on a iPad to upgrade it. Has to be something spectacular or I'm staying put.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

The camera is great? Uh no. For stills, it's not even 1 megapixel.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The camera is great? Uh no. For stills, it's not even 1 megapixel.

For the OP, the iPad 2's camera may not be great from a technical viewpoint, but could very well be great from a personal standpoint & for his or her usage. I don't take photos with my iPad 2 so, like the OP, I'm content with its camera. Know what I mean?

Just Me, D

aggieastrosfan

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I voted for Retina display, but honestly, if it has LTE I'm in. Tethering to my 2 from my Verizon 4S is sooooooo slow, I just can't take it anymore!

Currently have 16gb wifi only, debating over whether I really need the 64gb + LTE (assuming it's included). That's pretty pricey. I'll probably get the 32 + LTE.

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't have an iPad and probably won't get the iPad 3. I just can't find a niche for it. I had the BB PlayBook and I rarely used it. I can't find the utility in a tablet yet. I love my MacBook and I love my iPhone, but I just don't feel like I need anything in between. That could change, but for now I'll just stick with the computer and phone.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I was going to get the iPad 3, but have decided to wait and see what it has to offer first.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
I love my iPad2 and it's been perfect. I got it the day it came out and it still works perfect and flawlessly. As of right now I don?t see that huge need to upgrade. I have a iPhone 4S and a Macbook Pro. I'm not sure if I see the need for me personally to upgrade. Of course I'm saying all of this before the iPad3 is announced and they tell us all what it will have. My opinion could change.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Retina & LTE is enough if I can sell my 3G, 64GB for a decent price.

I did choose all of the above though.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I love my iPad2 and it's been perfect. I got it the day it came out and it still works perfect and flawlessly. As of right now I don’t see that huge need to upgrade. ...(snipped)....

I'm in total agreement with you. I know without a doubt that no matter what comprises the next iPad, I will not be upgrading to it. My iPad 2 is more than sufficient. As for my iPhone 4S, I don't feel the same way. There is a very good chance that I'll upgrade to the next iPhone when it becomes available.

Just Me, D
Tapatalk (iPad 2)

TheUI

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Being the foresightful guy that I am, and seeing that LTE was plenty fast, I signed up for an unlimited data plan right before VZW did away with them. I purchased an Android phone with that plan, which I rooted, and tether my iPad 2 for, for blazing speeds and no worries on caps.

Me FTW. :eek::D:p;)

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
They need to sell it at Walmart because that would allow me to buy it with my WM Credit card. If not, I'll take an iPad 2. Either way, it's time for an iPad. There are too many useful apps and situations where it would be useful to me at work and in my personal life. The hi rez screen is compelling. I can't deny that.

But here is my question- I have invested in apps on the iPhone that are also available for the iPad 2. Do I need to buy them again for the iPad2 or is there a way to install them via iCloud?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner