Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Should i get the iPad 2 or 3?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dive in get the iPad 2 now!

18 28.57%
  • Hold out and get the iPad 3!

42 66.67%
  • Wait for the iPad 4! Its a total redesign

1 1.59%
  • Other

2 3.17%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version

Question Should i wait? For ipad 3

I was considering getting an iPad 2 during christmas but then i dont want it to then be the last generation model in three months so should i hold out for iPad 3? Or should i dive in and get the iPad 2
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    13,201 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I have the iPad 1. I skipped the 2 and waiting the 3 in hope for a better resolution screen. It should be out around spring if all goes well.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    409 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Garz View Post
    I have the iPad 1. I skipped the 2 and waiting the 3 in hope for a better resolution screen. It should be out around spring if all goes well.
    Not to mention a better camera. I take more pictures than I thought I would with my iPad 2. A better camera is definitely in order.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    iOS Version

If you have not bought one by now...just wait for the iPad 3.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    786 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I'm in the same boat i was wondering what to do also. I think I decided to just wait for the iPad 3. I had the iPad 1 and 2 but sold them now I am considering buying another one. I think I will just wait for the 3 to arrive.
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version

That for all the advice i think agree i havent bought one yet so i'll prbbly wait for the iPad 3 and whoever put other can you tell me what 'other' you think i should do?
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 5.0

I have been wrestling with this decision too. I love my iPad 1 but i really want an iPad 2 for some reason. Guess I should just wait.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    189 Global Posts

Default iPad3 or iPad2 - Just stop it

This is the kind of stuff that absolutely fries me. OK, Apple wants to keep interest alive in the latest and greatest. But Apple has the #1 tablet right now. Why change that? What exactly is it that would drive them to trash their industry leading product and put something new out with such unimaginable technological wizardry that the current line of iPads would suddenly become obsolete?

I call BS.

I wish all the fanboys would just stop with this nonsensical speculation. It was all 100 percent entirely wrong with the iPhone 5, wasn't it, guys?

And yes, I just bought an iPad2 as a Christmas gift. Darn it all, stop telling me that this thing will be obsolete before the snow melts, would you?

Bah humbug.
    iPhone Newbie

You should wait, I think the iPad 3 will be be a game changer!
    iPhone Intermediate

iOS Version
    iOS5

Might as well hold out now unless you are made of money, and if that's the case buy us all one! lol! Just wait you will be happy when the upgrades are on your brand new device. If you get the 2 now in 3 months time you will be longing for the 3
    "Hello my name is Kristy, and I'm an Appleholic!"

Twitter: @Kristy_Lyn
  11. Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version

@Locker8 people are speculating and guessing at what moght come next from the company we love and you have a problem with that?
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Latest

I didn't get the first but I finally got the second version earlier this year. I'm waiting for the 3rd to come out so I can get the 3G version.
    Banned

Global Posts
    892 Global Posts

It's always best to be patient. But considering the time frame, the latest it's thought to arrive is March to June- so that's half a year you would be waiting...
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,391 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by motoleo View Post
    It's always best to be patient. But considering the time frame, the latest it's thought to arrive is March to June- so that's half a year you would be waiting...
    Where do you get your info from? Everything I've read on the tech sites thus far have all indicated that the iPad 3 could possibly be out as early as Feb 24th or by the end of March.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,391 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by felface View Post
    I was considering getting an iPad 2 during christmas but then i dont want it to then be the last generation model in three months so should i hold out for iPad 3? Or should i dive in and get the iPad 2
    The iPad 3 should be out by the end of March if all goes well and there aren't any last minute issues with it. Therefore, I would wait and go for the iPad 3.

iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,876 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

I want to wait but I can get a referb way more space for my money .. I'm still undecided

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by lockerc18 View Post
    This is the kind of stuff that absolutely fries me. OK, Apple wants to keep interest alive in the latest and greatest. But Apple has the #1 tablet right now. Why change that? What exactly is it that would drive them to trash their industry leading product and put something new out with such unimaginable technological wizardry that the current line of iPads would suddenly become obsolete?

I call BS.

I wish all the fanboys would just stop with this nonsensical speculation. It was all 100 percent entirely wrong with the iPhone 5, wasn't it, guys?

And yes, I just bought an iPad2 as a Christmas gift. Darn it all, stop telling me that this thing will be obsolete before the snow melts, would you?

Bah humbug.
    How have any rumors mentioned that they will complete out feature there current devices and make them obsolete? The iPad one right now still sells for upwards of 300-350 dollars even and it's almost two years old. The reason too wait is just because it's 2-3 months before it'll be here and why not just just wait for the better one which will most likely be the same price. Rumors are rumors. We just enjoy guessing what apple will be putting in there next awesome device. This close I'd say you've waited this long, at least wait until they announce it(February 24 most likely) and check it out. Before Christmas though I would've definitely said take the dive now.

tapatalk on iPad 2 running ios5
    Ipad2 and Mac mini 2.5ghz Sandy bridge
    Apple Boy!
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    19,919 Global Posts

I'm the total opposite... I can't take pics with my iPad. Heck, I barely go around with it.

Current Phones: iOS, Android, Windows Phone, BlackBerry OS & WebOS
    Banned

Global Posts
    892 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Rose View Post
    Where do you get your info from? Everything I've read on the tech sites thus far have all indicated that the iPad 3 could possibly be out as early as Feb 24th or by the end of March.

An iPad has never debuted in February (which is right after the holidays)- so that's out.

The 1st iPad debuted in April. (That's after March.)

The 2nd iPad debuted in March.

So I'd say March-June. If you want to have the latest and greatest. You will wait.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,391 Global Posts

An iPad has never debuted in February (which is right after the holidays)- so that's out.

·The 1st iPad debuted in April. (That's after March.)

·The 2nd iPad debuted in March.

So I'd say March-June. If you want to have the latest and greatest. You will wait.
    No iPhone ever debuted in October either, until the 4S, right? Point being, with Apple one can never count on a set release date for any of their products. I'm not so sure about the Feb, rumors either, however, I'm not writing it off. Whatever the date may be, I can wait.

Banned

Global Posts
    892 Global Posts

I wish there was some kind of traffic signal to let us early adopters know when to buy products. I would say we are Yellow light right now.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,391 Global Posts

I wish there was some kind of traffic signal to let us early adopters know when to buy products. I would say we are Yellow light right now.
    I hear ya and agree. This would certainly be much easier and faster than reading the tech blogs every day trying to keep up with all the false rumors, lol.

iPhone Pro

iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Rose View Post
    I wish there was some kind of traffic signal to let us early adopt]rs know when to buy products. I would say we are Yellow light right now.
    I hear ya and agree. This would certainly be much easier and faster than reading the tech blogs every day trying to keep up with all the false rumors, lol.

there is

The iPad is yellow, but just on the brink. Only buy it if you need it. Otherwise wait.
    Last edited by Bias X; 01-01-2012 at 04:40 PM.
    iPhone Newbie

Default Dont wait

Quote Originally Posted by felface View Post
    Who knows when the 3 will come out, if it is just a resolution change, no big deal, you could easily sell your 2
    iPhone Newbie

wait wait wait!!!

from someone that are waiting (me)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast