Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    riley9dy's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    206 Posts
    Global Posts
    208 Global Posts

    Default Screen size change possible???

    After hearing all of the talk about the possible change in screen size of the new iPhone I was wondering what everybody things about the future screen of the iPad... Smaller and more playbook like? God forbid... bigger somehow? Or is the screen size now perfect? What do you guys think?
  2. #2  
    Calebswag7's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    222 Posts
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    5.1

    Default

    I don't think it'll change. When they released the first iPad they said they tested it out and this exact size is the size they determined that was the perfect size for the device, smaller would be pointless and bigger would be too big.


    Sent from tapatalk
    iPad 2 running iOS 4.3.5
    Best buy employee
    Free time apple enthusiast
    Ipad2 and Mac mini 2.5ghz Sandy bridge
    Apple Boy!
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    riley9dy's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    206 Posts
    Global Posts
    208 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Calebswag7 View Post
    I don't think it'll change. When they released the first iPad they said they tested it out and this exact size is the size they determined that was the perfect size for the device, smaller would be pointless and bigger would be too big.


    Sent from tapatalk
    iPad 2 running iOS 4.3.5
    Best buy employee
    Free time apple enthusiast
    Well they said the same thing about the iPhone and now a lot of people are saying it'll change... Personally, I would prefer a screen that's an inch or two smaller.
  4. #4  
    Irish Rose's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    5,919 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,391 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by riley9dy View Post
    Well they said the same thing about the iPhone and now a lot of people are saying it'll change... Personally, I would prefer a screen that's an inch or two smaller.
    I agree with you here, riley. I think having an 8" HD screen would be perfect. Anything bigger than the current 9.7" on the iPad would be too big.
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    riley9dy's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    206 Posts
    Global Posts
    208 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Rose View Post
    I agree with you here, riley. I think having an 8" HD screen would be perfect. Anything bigger than the current 9.7" on the iPad would be too big.
    Yea exactly, and like you said "HD"... it would be way easier to achieve that with a smaller screen
  6. #6  
    pmararav's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    14 Posts

    Default

    I just wish for smaller gap between screen and edge
    I don't care much if its slightly bigger or smaller...
  7. #7  
    chirmer's Avatar
    iPhone Pro

    Posts
    509 Posts
    iOS Version
    5.1.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pmararav View Post
    I just wish for smaller gap between screen and edge
    I don't, just because it seems it would make cases harder to make and make them less stable once they're on. If Apple could solve that I'd be all for it
    C H I R M E R
    Graphic designer, classical musician, Paleo eater, evolutionary runner & all-around Apple fangirl.
    2008 Macbook (white, 4GB RAM) [sold] >> iPod Touch (1st Gen, 8 GB) [sold]>> iPhone 4 (black, 16 GB) >> 2012 Macbook Pro w/Retina Display (2.3 GHz 16GB RAM)
  8. #8  
    abookin's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    13 Posts

    Default

    I hope it will have a better resolution
  9. #9  
    mrnewell's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    19 Posts

    Default

    I think the screen size is fine, but HD is the key factor in an upgrade. A macbook pro 13.5" screen is fantastic (similar resolution), but you also view it from a further distance. I think the problem with the iPad is that people use it much closer to their face then Apple had intended.
  10. #10  
    alexiarudolf's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    12 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by riley9dy View Post
    After hearing all of the talk about the possible change in screen size of the new iPhone I was wondering what everybody things about the future screen of the iPad... Smaller and more playbook like? God forbid... bigger somehow? Or is the screen size now perfect? What do you guys think?
    I think that the current screen size of iPad 2 is just perfect for any kind of usage that we generally do on iPad. I wish that the screen size does not reduces any more. Having the retina display on the current size screen (9.50 inches x 7.31 inches) will be so good that you will enjoy games and videos better.
  11. #11  
    vk.gamer's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    12 Posts

    Default

    i love the current size

Posting Permissions