Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 17 of 17
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By TampaDude
  • 1 Post By gr3ymoon
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    TampaDude's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    306 Posts
    Global Posts
    639 Global Posts

    Default Retina Display for iPad 3...maybe...

    LG's CEO supposedly had a "slip of the tongue"...

    Retina Display coming to Apple's next iPad according to LG Display CEO

    ...of course, when he said "iPad", he may have meant "iPod", as in the latest iPod touch.

    We'll see what happens...but if iPad 3 has a retina display (likely 2048 x 1536), I'm definitely getting one!
    sector107 likes this.
  2. #2  
    jayfuerstenberg's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    14 Posts
    iOS Version
    4.3

    Default

    iPod touch already has Retina Display so it wouldn't warrant any press IMHO.
    If Retina Display does make its way into the iPad 3, the competition will be floored.
    Fun times ahead!
  3. #3  
    Peligro911's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    4,882 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,931 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

    Default

    Well it's not like they couldn't do it I mean if they can do it for a phone or iPod why not iPad
  4. #4  
    riley9dy's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    206 Posts
    Global Posts
    208 Global Posts

    Default

    Well it would be more difficult to achieve a retina display on the ipad than an ipod touch or iphone because the screen is obviously way bigger. but i think they could do it.. and that would be awesome
  5. #5  
    Jason@FunMob's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    11 Posts

    Default

    Fingers crossed for retina.
  6. #6  
    GeFo.GT's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    18 Posts

    Default

    I think that's not easy, you guys consider that if 2048*1536 for screen solution, even that a lot of personal developers have not such a good monitor for design, app is the most importance thing to apple perform, that makes difficult to produce new app.
  7. #7  
    vk.gamer's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    12 Posts

    Default

    must embed a supercomputer inside ipad3
  8. #8  
    BlacKite's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    5 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeFo.GT View Post
    I think that's not easy, you guys consider that if 2048*1536 for screen solution, even that a lot of personal developers have not such a good monitor for design, app is the most importance thing to apple perform, that makes difficult to produce new app.
    That's fixable: put retina displays in the MacBooks/iMacs:
    MacBook Air 11: 2732x1536
    MacBook Air/Pro 13: 2880x1800
    MacBook Pro 15: 3360x2100
    Macbook Pro 17: 3840x2400
    iMac 21.5: 3840x2160
    iMac 27/Thunderbolt Display: 5120x2880
  9. #9  
    Kristy_Lyn's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    288 Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TampaDude View Post
    LG's CEO supposedly had a "slip of the tongue"...

    Retina Display coming to Apple's next iPad according to LG Display CEO

    ...of course, when he said "iPad", he may have meant "iPod", as in the latest iPod touch.

    We'll see what happens...but if iPad 3 has a retina display (likely 2048 x 1536), I'm definitely getting one!
    There are a lot of rumours that they are trying to make retina display for the iPad 3, it would be awesome if they did. It's kind of the next needed "big" upgrade on the iPad. I would almost consider upgrading again if they did bring out the retina display.
    "Hello my name is Kristy, and I'm an Appleholic!"

    Twitter: @Kristy_Lyn
  10. #10  
    derfel's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    18 Posts

    Default

    it will be a great iPad, i'm sure. And if I think... a movie on a big retina display... wow!
  11. #11  
    sector107's Avatar
    iPhone Beginner

    Posts
    72 Posts
    iOS Version
    5.0.1

    Default

    what are the odds of the new iPad having retina? 10 being absolute and 1 being not probable.

    I've come to realize that it doesn't even matter, what ever it is, it's going to change that future.
    Last edited by sector107; 01-20-2012 at 06:51 PM.
  12. #12  
    Jeremy's Avatar
    Administrator

    Posts
    7,048 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sector107 View Post
    what are the odds of the new iPad having retina? 10 being absolute and 1 being not probable.

    I've come to realize that it doesn't even matter, what ever it is, it's going to change that future.
    Changing the future is a bit much. The first iPad, yes but now I wouldn't expect anything mind blowing. No different with the iPhones after the original. The first changed the mobile industry. The others have not but you can't expect them to. Also 100% the new one has a retina display.
  13. #13  
    Phonitive's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    11 Posts

    Default

    Ouch, the size of the apps will increase a lot!
    And the work of designers!
  14. #14  
    redbeard's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,040 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phonitive View Post
    Ouch, the size of the apps will increase a lot!
    And the work of designers!

    So? Progress only comes with work, should Apple stop innovating so that devs can be lazy?

    I hope the iPhone 5 has a larger retina screen as well so that devs are forced to update all their apps since there are a lot of crappy apps out there, it would show who cares about their work and separate the junk from the good stuff as far as I'm concerned. There are still app icons that are low resolution still!
  15. #15  
    gr3ymoon's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

    Default

    Wow, Retina Display for Ipad... This is going to be EPIC if they do it successfully. Definitely will need a high end processor for that.

    ___________________
    A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.
    cardfan likes this.
  16. #16  
    Jeremy's Avatar
    Administrator

    Posts
    7,048 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by philphil View Post
    Wow, Retina Display for Ipad... This is going to be EPIC if they do it successfully. Definitely will need a high end processor for that.

    ___________________
    A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.
    An updated CPU is a given here.
  17. #17  
    BigB's Avatar
    iPhone Beginner

    Posts
    80 Posts
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

    Default

    Hopefully some more ram to help render all those hi-res apps as well.

Posting Permissions