What will make you buy the iPad 3?

TampaDude

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Retina display would be enough. I read quite a lot of books and PDF's and find that after a while I get a bit of eye strain. It's a bit fuzzy compared to the iphone 4.

^ this

The iPhone 4 has completely spoiled me as far as displays go. The current iPad display, while really good, does indeed look fuzzy by comparison.

RETINA DISPLAY for iPad 3...PLEASE!!!

brucewayne

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
I'll buy one if apple gives me full price for my second gen on trade. Not buying an ipad every year that's insane. Iphone every year is enough for me.

Sent from somewhere with something using tapatalk

zpithika

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I agree with everyone in saying that the only complaint I have with the ipad 2 is the screen resolution, but in my usage it still works like a charm and I don't mind it enough to drop everything for the ipad 3. The second gen will last me a while.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I'll buy one if apple gives me full price for my second gen on trade. Not buying an ipad every year that's insane. Iphone every year is enough for me.

Sent from somewhere with something using tapatalk

That's why I'm still using my first gen.

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't think I will ever buy a iPad. Having an iPod or iPhone is more than enough for me.
Though i was on the verge of buying one when i was without both of those.
Higher screen res. If i understand correctly putting retina display on the iPad gives it some funky resolution. Maybe i read the article wrong, either way, higher res.
Better camera, oh man those were awful. Stood around and played with at least 3 different ones in best buy and using the front facing camera i could see that my ears were pixelated. The back camera left everything really grainy looking on not very clear. Although the video recording came out okay.

Thats all i want to see in the iPad 3. I guess some larger/faster internals wouldn't be bad either.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I really dont understand the camera being important. The front one for FaceTime I get but the other to me is pointless. It's to big to walk around and take pics or video. That's what your phone or camera is for.

afwriter

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Better display + upgraded processor (w/more memory).

Just getting a better display, without upgrading the processor is about useless, because the overall performance hit of driving all those pixels from app to screen would bring the iPad to a crawl.

I really do think though that if there is a new iPad released this year, it would likely be a new form factor as opposed to a refresh/upgrade of the current iPad2.

As much as Steve said 'No" to the 7" form factor, it makes sense in a number of ways. That's what I think we'll see. Unless there's an agreement to come out with a 4G version of the iPad2 for the carriers, which would make sense for a release in the middle of the current iPad release cycle.

Anyway, I'm an every other cycle buyer, so I'm planning to go from my current iPad (original) to whatever the next iteration of the product line is. I think the iPad2 was a significant update, and I don't think the next version will be as revolutionary as opposed to evolutionary for the product line.

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I really dont understand the camera being important. The front one for FaceTime I get but the other to me is pointless. It's to big to walk around and take pics or video. That's what your phone or camera is for.

Things happen in a flash. You don't always have time to bust out your phone/camera, if they are going to include one might as well make it half decent so i can snap it if need be.

Calebswag7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
It would definitely be the cameras for me. The display is great for me now on my two. But I also don't have the iPhone 4 to compare it too. But cameras would be definitely appreciated!

Sent from tapatalk
iPad 2 running iOS 4.3.5
Best buy employee
Free time apple enthusiast

Ematt

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I had upgraded to the iPhone 3GS just a few months before the iPhone 4 came out, and couldn't force myself to "need" the iPhone 4. The price tag was also a helpful decision-maker. Then the iPad came out and almost before the ink was dry on the news advertising, the talk of the ipad2 with forward and rear camera, etc started flying. As it happens, I recently purchased my ipad2 and lo and behold the iPad 3 is coming out as well as the iPhone 5! If history is any indication, as soon as I purchase the ipad3, the ipad4 will hit the rumor mill!
So back to the original question, what would make me upgrade to the ipad3? Lottery winnings, early model trade-ins like they do with cars, or if one fell off a truck, ;) ;) :eek: :)

totallygone

Oct 3, 2009
Visit site
I bought my mom the iPad 1......for the past two years I have sat and waited......hopefully it will be out in October.......I can't wait!!!!

alexiarudolf

Banned
Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
i am dying to get one iPad 3 as i listen about the iPad 3 is coming next year. I had plans to purchase iPad 2 but postponed it and now will purchase iPad 3 when it will be released.

tokiyoo

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
camera!
zhushu4.jpg

EggoEspada

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I guess the only thing I really would like on the next iPad is a higher resolution. One with a pixel density similar to that of the 'Retina' display. My iPad 2 really has/does everything I need it to. Really solid device and will be hard to top. :p

Freiteez

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
I don't own an iPad yet but I want to. But I'm holding off for an iPad retina display. Hopefully an hd front facing camera. To do hd FaceTime. (I'm sure the iPhone 5 will get this next year). The upgraded specs will just be a plus since I've never owned an iPad.