08-16-2011 09:36 AM
- Look for an iPad 3 this October... what new hardware features are you looking forward to?
All I need is my retina display...
***Sad news, the next iPad that was slated for October has been pushed back a few months. Like I said, things can and sometimes do change. I've been pretty good in the past with keeping you updated and I will do the same here. If things change I will let you know to the best of my ability.***
Last edited by Jeremy Sikora; 08-15-2011 at 12:53 PM.06-26-2011 11:52 AM
- I very much doubt Apple would release the iPad 3 this year. They still can't make iPad 2s fast enough. The "competition" is totally flustered. Samsung's Galaxy Tab 10.1 is without doubt the nearest competitor and it couldn't drum up lines or any excitement for it's recent launch. There are still hardly any Honeycomb apps to run. Apple doesn't need to rush the next generation iPad.
10" high-resolution touchscreens are not ready for mass production on the scale that new iPads would demand. They're also likely to be very expensive at the beginning. My guess is Apple might add a 2nd model iPad 3 HD with the better screen. It would cost more than the standard resolution screen model. This would happen Mar/Apr 2012 along side the "normal" iPad 3 release.
Any new "tablet" released this Fall would be a larger iPod touch. What if you keep the current iPad screen resolution of 1024x768 and SHRINK the screen size 50% from 7.76 x 5.82 to 3.88 x 2.91? Screen size would be ~4.9 diagonally. (Someone please check my calculations. I have no confidence they are correct.) Although it could technically be called a mini iPad, the UI would be closer to the iPhone/iPod touch UI. iPod touch HD? This would seriously hurt the portable games device market.06-26-2011 04:30 PM
- Hmm... I hope for some more solid information by late August... that's when I am wanting to purchase an iPad 2, at the beginning of the Fall Semester, but if I knew a 3 would be out before November (and wouldn't be too much more than the 2, I would want to wait)
In the end, I may go ahead and get the 2 regardless, just because I want to go paperless/laptopless this semester, and I only have a couple semesters left =p.06-26-2011 04:37 PM
- iPad 3 already for this October?? That's a bit quick they just released the iPad 2 so don't think they'll have many changes to it but then again it'll be near Christmas time so they might want to get it out before then so people could buy it as presents. Look out for the deals
I'm surprised they're planning on releasing it that early I thought they might have spent a good time on it and put it a lot of new features and hardware but then again I might be wrong and they've probably already done that
Ah, looking forward to it.06-26-2011 05:24 PM
- I'll say it again... look for it this October. Want to know more, follow me on Twitter.
You're an admin here, so I assume you could leak something to one of the TiPb Actuals. This would be a big story if you actually had some solid info beyond the vague rumors that have been floating since Gruber speculated about this months ago. No one doubts Apple is testing a hi-res iPad display. The question is can and will they release it this year as iPad 3?06-27-2011 07:49 PM
- I realize analysts are often wrong, but this seems very plausible to me.First iPad 3 prototype expected early in 2012
Additionally, the analyst pointed to conversations with the same supply chain contacts in reporting that Apple has been "evaluating various touchscreen displays" for its third-generation iPad.
Thought he acknowledged conjecture and speculation over the possibility that such a device could launch later this year, he said his intelligence suggests that the company's progress with display manufacturers indicates a prototype of the next iPad won't be ready until early 2012, implying an announcement would again likely come in the spring.
"This should squarely put to rest any debate about a 2011 launch of the iPad 3 -- after all, Apple is severely supply constrained on the iPad 2, and it is by far the best-performing and functioning tablet in the world," the analyst wrote.
AppleInsider | Apple supply chain points to "iPhone 4S" in Sept., iPad 3 prototype in early 201206-27-2011 08:32 PM
- How about cutting a break for those of us who don't follow Twitter? I just scrolled through over a hundred of your tweets without seeing anything substantial about iPad 3. Besides, what's the use of starting this rumor thread without at least providing some context on why we should believe you as a source?
You're an admin here, so I assume you could leak something to one of the TiPb Actuals. This would be a big story if you actually had some solid info beyond the vague rumors that have been floating since Gruber speculated about this months ago. No one doubts Apple is testing a hi-res iPad display. The question is can and will they release it this year as iPad 3?
Last edited by Jeremy Sikora; 06-27-2011 at 08:40 PM.06-27-2011 08:37 PM
- I'm hoping for a retina display on iPad 3... But not that soon... I just got an iPad 2, ... But I'll get it if I must, and give the 2 to my folks... Using the iPad 2, and having an iPhone 4... I'm really find it hard to adjust to the low pixel density on the iPad 2 VS my iPhone 4... So bring on the retina display sooner than later!
But I honestly don't expect the iPad 3 until Spring 201206-28-2011 04:43 PM
- I was about to order my iPad 2. Since I don't have to have it right away, and they take a while to get to New Zealand anyway, I'll just wait until I get back to the states and use my wife's. Then get me a brand spanking new 3 in September or October. I sure hope it has retina display, it's hard going from my iphone 4 to the ipad 2 screen.06-28-2011 11:52 PM
On a separate note I just planned my September trip to California. Hitting up Yosemite for some hiking.
Last edited by Jeremy Sikora; 07-07-2011 at 12:43 PM.06-29-2011 10:50 AM
- 06-29-2011 12:21 PM
- If they do release this year I'll be pretty miffed as I have a 3 day old ipad 2 64 3G!!! It would be wrong of Apple to release this year, these things are too expensive to churn out 2 per year.
Apple need to take a look at BMW and what they did. They had a pretty good thing going with a few series (3, 5, 7 and possibly include 8 series) on offer with high level performance models as the pinnacle of each series. A nice niche area in high quality high spec cars that attained a level of exclusivity. Now, in my opinion, they have a bloated portfolio which has diluted the marque and lost that exclusivity.
I'm not saying that Apple or BMW should only be within the reach of the elite, far from it. i'm pointing at the word diluted. Seriously, who in the right mind is going to go out and spend 660 GBP for device that is going to be replaced in LESS than six months.
Don't buy the top model? Well I got this model so I can do away with my laptop (except for extreme applications), my CD player and I wanted 3G for true portability and the GPS chip.
Now to think that ipad 3 could be here inside 4 months has me shouting I want a refund. i work in IT and see thing come and go at a staggering rate, but this is ridiculous.
I agree with the above comments on retina display. The difference between ipad and my iphone 4 is astounding. I'd love retina display on ipad but I'm not going to rush out in October to buy one. Apple, you need to be careful with this strategy. I'm no Apple fan by any means, but I have two of your products based on the quality of the product, not the quantity. Leave that to other brands, you'll be respected more in the long run........06-29-2011 05:41 PM
They may be too expensive to BUY to per year, but for Apple to make them, there is nothing wrong with that.
If someone feels they need to always have to newest and best model, then yes, they will end up paying more.
But Apple certainly doesn't make anyone do that.I'm not saying that Apple or BMW should only be within the reach of the elite, far from it. i'm pointing at the word diluted. Seriously, who in the right mind is going to go out and spend 660 GBP for device that is going to be replaced in LESS than six months.
I am still using my iPad 1 - works perfectly fine.
I fully understanding wanting to upgrade each time to the newest model (I wanted to buy an iPad 2 when it was released) but remember, you aren't being forced to. And in fact, by rolling out iOS that will work with the previous generation, you could argue that Apple is saying "hey, it's okay if you don't upgrade - we will still give you some of these great features!".Don't buy the top model? Well I got this model so I can do away with my laptop (except for extreme applications), my CD player and I wanted 3G for true portability and the GPS chip.Now to think that ipad 3 could be here inside 4 months has me shouting I want a refund. i work in IT and see thing come and go at a staggering rate, but this is ridiculous.
Chris06-29-2011 06:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD