iPad 3?

rex450se

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I was in Best Buy in Independence, Missouri looking at picking up a new MacBook Pro and was talking to one of the sales guys and he said that the iPad 3 was going to be released in September. Now, I know that the guys there know less about what they were trying to sell me than I did, but if it turns out that it is true I wanted to refer back to this thread and say, "I called it". I highly doubt that Apple will release another in the middle of the product cycle, especially if it might take the thunder from the iPod announcements, but who knows.

Victor

CavemanOOGA

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
There always seems to be some rumor about a new iPad in September, or August even. There was for the original, with people believing Apple was gonna release a 7" form factor. Now, there is another for the iPad 2, with people thinking the iPad 3 is gonna be out this soon.

Apple never does anything this early in a products life cycle, at least to my knowledge.

rex450se

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
i just considered the source and nodded in agreement. I highly doubt of all places that get fairly reliable leaks and tips this wouldn't have been brought up but yet Best Buy knows it.

Victor

Smokexz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I am just going to continue to believe that Apple makes a new product for each of their lines every year, iPhone 5, iPad 2, iPod nano 7th gen, iPod touch 5th gen, and a new Apple Mac line with overly useless specs(in my opinion, lol) I doubt this guy knew what he was talking about. I had to convince a Best Buy employee that the Nexus S does not have Gorilla glass... after being confirmed by like Samsung or Google you think that the heads at Best Buy could have given em a heads up about a device that they only carry.... lmfao.

Sent from my Xoom

reputationZed

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I was in Best Buy in Independence, Missouri looking at picking up a new MacBook Pro and was talking to one of the sales guys and he said that the iPad 3 was going to be released in September. Now, I know that the guys there know less about what they were trying to sell me than I did, but if it turns out that it is true I wanted to refer back to this thread and say, "I called it". I highly doubt that Apple will release another in the middle of the product cycle, especially if it might take the thunder from the iPod announcements, but who knows.

Victor
Actually John Gruber of Daring Fireball beat you and the industry expert at BestBuy by a few months. In John's defense he stated that this was pure speculation on his part and has since downplayed the possibility.

I can't post a link, not enough posts, but if you Google iPad3 and Daring Fireball the blog post should be pretty easy to find.

Last edited:

takeshi

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Now, I know that the guys there know less about what they were trying to sell me than I did, but if it turns out that it is true I wanted to refer back to this thread and say, "I called it".
If it's true then the Best Buy guys called it.

Since when is parroting synonymous with calling? :p

MacGuy76

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
That would make a lot of people upset. Many of us still haven't been able to get an iPad 2, imagine if Apple released iPad 3 in fall? Many upset.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
This has been a rumor for awhile but then again, when is there not a rumor? Until Apple announces the iPad 3, its just here say. I wouldnt worry too much about the iPad 3 considering the 2 just released. Its a ways off either way.

kindleportal

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
what is the price of new kindle3 latest version do have brasher of the latest kindle do you have any link for the latest version if you have any design send me mail.

PurpleDragon

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
High resolution screen

There are persistent rumors that iPad3 will have high-resolution screen. If this is true I would love to see that! Double-resolution of the screen should look incredible. Pixel density per square inch is probably going to be larger than iPhone 4!

Calebswag7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site

Victor

Ah man I'm sorry, what a freaking idiot. I work at best buy myself in selling computers and it seriously pisses me off when they tell someone something and they aren't sure or have no idea. I make sure I know, that guys an idiot and shouldn't be giving information he doesn't know.

Sent from tapatalk
iPad 2 running iOS 4.3.5
Best buy employee
Free time apple enthusiast

Rosejoy

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Planning to get an iPad soon but I am getting confused by these rumors of the iPad 3 being released in a few weeks. I personally think the new ipad will be released in March like the others but I would like to hear peoples opinions.

iPhone 5 release date

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Planning to get an iPad soon but I am getting confused by these rumors of the iPad 3 being released in a few weeks. I personally think the new ipad will be released in March like the others but I would like to hear peoples opinions

Those are "old" rumors. The fact is the iPad 3 is not coming out till the Spring.

Last edited:

Calebswag7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
That's what I think. Probably will be in the spring 2012, just like last year. But I can't lie when I say I have my fingers crossed that they'll surprise us with the iPhone 5.

Sent from tapatalk
iPad 2 running iOS 4.3.5
Best buy employee
Free time apple enthusiast

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73