ESPN Score Center App

vaguy45

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Hello. I guess my question is directed to anyone who has the ESPN Score Center App. I had this on my ipad2, and never had an issue with it. I downloaded it for the new ipad, and for some reason I cannot get the alerts to work correctly. To be specific, there are "alerts" you can set for your favorite sports team(s) to include such things as game start, score during game, and final score..etc. When I set the alerts for start of game, and final score, the final score alert is not "saved" I have gone back several times, changing it to "on" for final score, but it will not save it. Also, out of curiosity, I turned off the alert for start of game, and it "magically" turns back on. I have done all the obvious stuff, well at least to me ) Deleted the app, reinstalled it, deleted fav teams, put them back, and nothing seems to work. I guess my confusion is why it worked on the ipad2, but not the new one? I do apologize for this being so long, and would appreciate any help, or advice. Thank you.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Hello. I guess my question is directed to anyone who has the ESPN Score Center App. I had this on my ipad2, and never had an issue with it. I downloaded it for the new ipad, and for some reason I cannot get the alerts to work correctly. To be specific, there are "alerts" you can set for your favorite sports team(s) to include such things as game start, score during game, and final score..etc. When I set the alerts for start of game, and final score, the final score alert is not "saved" I have gone back several times, changing it to "on" for final score, but it will not save it. Also, out of curiosity, I turned off the alert for start of game, and it "magically" turns back on. I have done all the obvious stuff, well at least to me ) Deleted the app, reinstalled it, deleted fav teams, put them back, and nothing seems to work. I guess my confusion is why it worked on the ipad2, but not the new one? I do apologize for this being so long, and would appreciate any help, or advice. Thank you.

Login with your account. If you never set one up then probably good to do it because then for every score center app on any device all you then need to do is login and all your myTeams and alerts will be right there. If you do not the app can get confused with the various devices it seems.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My alerts works well and I set them via the ESPN ScoreCenter app. For instance, I setup alerts to notify me of the Heat vs Thunder game at the end of each quarter because I was unable to watch it and sure enough, I was alerted at the end of each quarter.

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I have ESPN Score Center on both my iPhone 4s and my iPad 2 but I prefer ScoreMobile for my iPhone.
The alerts work great and is especially valuable during college football season when I'm away from the TV. (Has to be a great emergency for that to happen.)

Good Luck

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have ESPN Score Center on both my iPhone 4s and my iPad 2 but I prefer ScoreMobile for my iPhone.
The alerts work great and is especially valuable during college football season when I'm away from the TV. (Has to be a great emergency for that to happen.)

Good Luck

I'm with you in regard to college football. I rarely leave the house on Saturdays and I get all fired up starting with the Thursday night games on ESPN. ;)

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

Aadamgibson

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
ESPN ScoreCenter app is awesome. It's literally sports center on the go, not just scores, news, video feature and update Play by play is on time.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73