Are you using Find My iPad?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, but I didn't use it locate my lost iPhone or iPad. They are almost always in my possession. However, I use it keep track of my teenager. Anyway, the Find My IPhone/IPad/MacBook feature works very well.

Just Me, D
Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)

Last edited:

SwsFoe

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong but if your iPad is stolen and doesn't have LTE wouldn't it have to be connected to a wifi source for this function to work correctly?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong but if your iPad is stolen and doesn't have LTE wouldn't it have to be connected to a wifi source for this function to work correctly?

Yes. That is correct.

Just Me, D
Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Used it a few times to find my iPhone that I sometimes misplace in the house ;) works quite well

volsfan0911

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
Used it a few times to find my iPhone that I sometimes misplace in the house ;) works quite well

This. It's very reassuring if I don't see my phone or iPad on the counter in the morning to be able to fire up a browser window and know PDQ where all my devices are. If they weren't showing at the house location, then I'd freak.

iltimo

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I use it to locate my iPad since i am so clumsy sometimes even a device as big as that i lose around the house or i tend to forget where i placed it.LOL! i;m always on a rush especially in the morning to it gives me the convenience to locate it easier since i have to bring it sometimes with me. It save me time than by just looking everywhere around the house:)

tremenda1

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Find my iPad app is useless!

I've had two iPads stolen, both through vehicle brake-ins. The first time by the time it took me a couple of hours to get to a computer and by then it just said the Ipad was offline. So I sent a remote wipe but I never received an email saying this action had been accomplished. The second time, my daughter left the Ipad in the vehicle in her bag while we went into a restaurant to eat dinner. When we came out the window had been broken and the Ipad was gone. I immediately tracked it with the "Find my Ipad" app and it was the same message, the Ipad was off-line. I sent a remote lock and message but never received anything back saying if this was accomplished or not.
I kept tracking it for weeks until i just gave up! I reported both incidents to the police and apple as well as AT&T. Apple really did not care and told me to report it to the police. The other day I decided to just for fun check and see the warranty status because it would still be under warranty and I got a message that the equipment had been exchanged due to battery issues!!! I was floored that apple would allow that! How could they trade equipment out without checking identification? They can totally track the serial numbers so they (Apple) have the power to stop this thieving craze for Ipad's! Until they start doing something to help the customers out who spend their well earned money on their products recover stolen goods I will not buy another apple product. In fact I just pre-purchased the new kindle which will be released in November. Apple could at least start a stolen product list of serial numbers! They are completely unsympathetic to those of us who have lost equipment.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR