Official Lining up at the Apple Store for the new iPad picture thread!

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
iMore nation, assemble!

Georgia and I will be at the Fairview Point-Claire Apple Store outside Montreal on Friday, March 16, lining up for the new iPad.

We'll also be giving away free special edition iMore t-shirts. We'll probably get there hella early. If anyone else is going to be there let us know and we'll do a meetup!

Are you lining up for the new iPad?

Where are you going to be?

And if you can't meet up with us in person, don't worry! We have some iMore t-shirts to give out to people in this very thread! Just share your stories/pictures below and you're automagically entered!

imore_2012_ipad_shirt.jpg

Solublepeter

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
UK stock

Anyone know where will be stocking them on launch day in the UK?

I got my original iPad about 5 minutes after they went on sale at a PCWorld store, no queuing or anything, as it wasn't generally known that they'd be stocking them on launch day. The place was deserted as they had opened up early.

I think it'll be different this time around. :)

CavemanOOGA

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Im gonna be doing a "run to all my local tech buying spots after I get off work" thing.

Apple just HAD to start selling them an hour before I get off work. BLARG!!!

Let's hope I can potentially snag one.

sudbury78

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I will be at a BestBuy in Scottsdale, AZ as of 4-430am on Friday with hopes of landing a 32GB 4G model. I had pre ordered a WIFI one which arrives on Friday and will probably sell it on ebay if I land what i want Friday!!

ChrisxJacobsen

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
I will be hopefully lining up outside Seattle's University Village Apple store around 530-6am. I have to go straight to work after I get it so I hope it doesn't take too long.

The line was all around the block and probably 400 deep when I got in line around 4pm for the Ipad 2. The moment they opened doors and we shuffled down the line it was only 540pm when I was walking out with my brand new Ipad2!!! Let's hope things go as smoothly, if not more, this time around since it is an early morning launch as opposed to 5pm.

jon01

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
iMore nation, assemble!

Georgia and I will be at the Fairview Point-Claire Apple Store outside Montreal on Friday, March 7, lining up for the new iPad.

We'll also be giving away free special edition iMore t-shirts. We'll probably get there hella early. If anyone else is going to be there let us know and we'll do a meetup!

And if you can't meet up with us in person, don't worry! We have some iMore t-shirts to give out to people in this very thread! Just share your stories/pictures below and you're automagically entered!

Click to view quoted image

friday march 7th? :)

floydstyle

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
Ren?,

I'll pass that time. I remember when iPhone 4 was released. I was at Carrefour Laval store and Roger's servers were down almost all the time hehe.
I was there from 6h30am to 4pm in the line!

As for the iPad 3, I decided to buy it online. Yeah I know I'll prolly have it later than those waiting in line but I'll stay at home with wife and kid tomorrow, maybe saying to myself that I should have waited in line haha :D

phile

Dec 27, 2008
www.sector404.org
iMore nation, assemble!

Georgia and I will be at the Fairview Point-Claire Apple Store outside Montreal on Friday, March 16, lining up for the new iPad.

Click to view quoted image
Rene,

At which entrance do you normally wait? #2? I usually line-up at the downtown location, but with this terrible weather headed our way, some shelter will be much appreciated.

-phil

Kristy_Lyn

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping to convince my husband to let me go line up at walmart tonight and make my purchase!! Doubt that he will give me the go ahead, but I will pull out all stops to get him to give me the go ahead.

Would like to win a free shirt too, hat would be fantastic!! :)

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
16Gb, no 4G (LTE) ...$499 at Wally World ... When and if I decide, I'll need at least 32 Gb and LTE.. Looks like that's the only model they'll be selling... I'll pass thank you very much...

HAL 8950

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
iPad Line Up

This year I pre-ordered, and will wait until UPS arrives. Last year I waited all day long outside in the cold infront of a future shop until they let us in the doors at 4:30pm. Met some good people in line last year but the memories of the cold got me to pre-order. Good luck to those in line, stay warm!

psiclne

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Was at the Cerritos store around 1:45pm (PT) and no line. But of course no iMore reppin for SoCal lol. Lets hope I win some iMore swag here

3f61dc54.jpg

Last edited:

canguler87

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I took this picture at Munich Apple Store at about 7 a.m (European Time).. I received my iPad at about 10 a.m but the line was very long compared to the time I came.. Free coffee offerings time to time from the Apple employees as usual as before. (trying their best to keep customers awake :) )

Generally the line become more longer than I expected. But everything was working perfectly in order till I arrive. If there are people reading the thread around Munich, I hope it helps to give an opinion..

** BY THE WAY: The Retina Display will definitely BLOW your mind! (First impression) :)

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
After a freezing night out in the rain we're finally in the mall!

Kids tried to sneak into mall. Got chased by mall cops like they were in a Kevin Smith movie. Funny.

Guy ran out of the mall in shorts and a t-shirt, in one shoe, jumped in a car and peeled off. Must have dropped an iPad.

We're in now though.

Going to start giving away shirts soon!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods