iPad Mini 2 10.3 Beta 4 GPS?

H3aTeRzz

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
Sorry if this is in the wrong place. Needed to know if anyone is having GPS issues on the LTE version of the iPad Mini 2, running beta 4? When using maps/turn by turn, it pretty much won't stay connected to GPS.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Sorry, I don't have an iPad mini 2, but I don't have issues on my 9.7 iPad Pro with GPS and 10.3 b4.

Someone with an iPad mini 2 should chime in soon.

H3aTeRzz

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
Its definitely a beta 4 issue, as it was working perfect before that update. Oh well, guess I'll have to wait to the next update, and hope they fix it :-(

Thanks

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I have the iPad Mini 2 wifi/cellular 32 GB and am not experiencing any trouble with GPS on the 10.3 Public Beta 4. I did the install on Monday. I will keep an eye on it to see if any trouble. As kch50428 says, send feedback to Apple, which you say you did.

H3aTeRzz

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
I have the iPad Mini 2 wifi/cellular 32 GB and am not experiencing any trouble with GPS on the 10.3 Public Beta 4. I did the install on Monday. I will keep an eye on it to see if any trouble. As kch50428 says, send feedback to Apple, which you say you did.

Thanks for sharing that. I use Waze mostly, but my issue is happening with both Waze and Google Maps. Guess its just my luck :-(

H3aTeRzz

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
Sorry if this is in the wrong place. Needed to know if anyone is having GPS issues on the LTE version of the iPad Mini 2, running beta 4? When using maps/turn by turn, it pretty much won't stay connected to GPS.

Wow, embarrassed!! It's not beta 4, it's beta 3 that's having the issue. I updated my 7plus to 4, not the iPad. I hadn't used gps on this iPad since updating to 3, anyway, Awaiting a place for wifi to snatch the beta 4, hopefully it fixes.

Sorry for the incorrectly reported issue for beta 4. Should have been a clue when I sent the feedback report, and the only choice was up to seed 3 lol.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for sharing that. I use Waze mostly, but my issue is happening with both Waze and Google Maps. Guess its just my luck :-(

Sorry, I use neither of those on my iPad. On my iPhone I am using Scobbler which uses the Open Maps project and is open source. Unfortunately my iPhone is not on the beta.

H3aTeRzz

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
Well I updated to beta 4 from beta 3....still existed. So, I removed beta software, then restored from my archived copy..which put me back at 10.2.1...problem fixed. Oh well. Guess I'll wait till beta 5, then try again.

H3aTeRzz

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
Well well...I feel stupid again! Was not the beta's! It was the Love Mei waterproof case that was the culprit!!!

It had started again, after appearing to work when I went back to stock 10.2.1 Then it hit me, regarding the Metal case, and after extensive testing there's no doubt in my mind that it was the case. Dang dang dang!!! I lived that case too!!!!!!

Sorry for the bother with this guys/gals. Thanks for the input.

Chris

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen