iOS 9 on iPad 2 should I update?

I

iMore Question

So basically I updated all of my devices to iOS 9 and by all of my devices I mean all my iPhones-5s,6 Plus and 6s Plus(obviously I didn't have to update this one) but the only iPad that I own is an old iPad 2.Now according to Apple it supports iOS 9.Should I update?Has anyone experienced any issues,crashes etc on their iPad 2 if there are any users who still own this device lol?More importantly does Netflix work fine on iPad 2 running iOS 9?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The original iPad Mini is, in my opinion, a smaller version of the iPad 2. I had the iPad 2, but have since gotten rid of it. I still have an iPad Mini (64 GB Wi-Fi Only) and I can tell you that iOS 9.1 runs well on it.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm using an iPad Mini right now (which, as D points out) is essentially the same inside as an iPad 2. I'm running the latest 9.2 beta with no issues. It's a bit slow but it's several year old tech. Otherwise it runs well

Texatl

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
We have an IPad 2 running iOS9 without issue. Works great. Haven't had any issues once upgraded.

I would make sure you have it all backed up though, before proceeding. Not that you have to, but it's a good practice. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711