- iMore Newbie
- 11 Posts
Upgrading iPad 2 to newer software
So I have an old iPad 2 still on 5.0.x
I would be fine using it except I'm stuck on some really old apps. Like my Spotify is really old and does not even have a Browse or Discover function.
Can I upgrade my iPad to something a little newer but not 8.4? I can only imagine 8.4 must run like crap on the outdated iPad 2.
Also once upgraded is it possible to downgrade?
- 08-10-2015, 01:55 PM #2
- 08-10-2015, 02:05 PM #3
Re: Upgrading iPad 2 to newer software
I'm using 8.4 on my iPad 2. It runs pretty good. I can't compare to how it used to run on iOS 5. Been too long for me. I don't use my iPad as a daily driver so I'm good with its performance on 8.4.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
- By detfan in forum Marketplace ArchiveReplies: 11Last Post: 08-12-2015, 07:51 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 08-10-2015, 12:30 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Apple HardwareReplies: 1Last Post: 08-10-2015, 12:08 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 08-10-2015, 11:22 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 08-10-2015, 10:12 AM