- iMore Nanite
- 4 Posts
iPad 2 with issues........
I'm new to the iPad thing and need a little help. I bought a used iPad 2 (first gen. Model A1397) off flea bay. It will not power on. I have changed the power and volume ribbon very carefully making sure I didn't cut or tear it anywhere. Still a no go. Here's a little weird info. to boot. I also have an iPod 4 which I charge up using the USB connector. When I plug up the iPad to that iPod cord,iTunes comes on and says "iTunes has detected an iPhone that is in recover mode. (yes iPhone!) You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes". Now when I choose the option on iTunes to restore device a window comes up that says "software for this iPhone is not currently available. Please check to make sure you are running the latest version of iTunes and try again". I have had the iPad apart and there is some kind of ugly going on with the section of the m.b. over the 3G part.It looks like someone went crazy with the heat when they possibly changed the digitizer and possibly melted the plastic (?) on top of the board.I also noticed what looked like a tear in the ribbon going to the glass.I have removed the glass and am trying to power it up w/out the glass plugged in but I don't think that would effect it powering on.I can maybe post a pic here if possible and someone could take a look at the m.b. and give their educated 2 cents since I am stumped.I have tried all the simple stuff.....i.e. holding down the power and home button,holding the home button and plugging the cord in.Also,when I plug it up to the iPod cable,my desktop gives me the audible sound indicating something has been detected.Any and all advice is welcome as well as questions.I appreciate your time.
- Best AnswerJun 23 2015 | 8:22 pm EDT
- 06-23-2015, 08:22 PM #2
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 8Last Post: 06-17-2016, 07:38 PM
- By iLane4 in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 9Last Post: 07-04-2015, 05:21 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 06-23-2015, 05:40 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-23-2015, 03:00 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 06-23-2015, 02:12 PM