Help! Apple Genius restored my iPad, erased all game data. Does Facebook have a copy of their games?

cindy314

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
I took my iPad to the Apple store. It had an orange cord that said connect to iTunes. I went to iTunes but saw it was going to restore the iPad, so I went to the genius bar at Apple. Well she erased everything and Apple cannot find anything in my cloud! Help me please

cindy314

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
Dear Keith,
No, I'm afraid not. I thought I had backed up my stuff on my iPad. I never backed up with iTunes. I am kind of upset with Apple. I told the lady I wanted my photos more than anything. My daughter's pictures are one of a kinds. Also a game she plays on my iPad is showing level0 she was on level 64. It was a Facebook/zynga game, Country escape fv2. I kept backing it up to the cloud but now Apple said I had no cloud. And of course I did. I think they need to explain that on mobile devices your info isn't safe and stored unless you back it up to iTunes. I can't believe I lost everything from the last 4 years. Apple is trying to find my Apple id, they somehow deleted. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, otherwise I will have to deal with it. I Trusted Apple. Never again. Thank you Keith

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Help! Apple Genius restored my iPad, erased all game data. Does Facebook have...

I took my iPad to the Apple store. It had an orange cord that said connect to iTunes. I went to iTunes but saw it was going to restore the iPad, so I went to the genius bar at Apple. Well she erased everything and Apple cannot find anything in my cloud! Help me please

If you performed an "iCloud backup" prior to taking the iPad to the Genius Bar then you should be able to restore your device with the iCloud backup. On the iPad, you *may* be able to see when you last created an iCloud backup for it by going to Settings - General - Usage, and then select "Manage Storage" under the "iCloud" section. Under the "Backups" section, you should see a list of your devices that are backed up to iCloud using the same Apple ID and passcode. Select the one for the iPad to see the date the backup was created, if ever it was. *If* you did indeed create an iCloud backup, all you have to do is go to Settings - General - Reset and then select "Erase All Contents and Settings". This will wipe your device of all data, and after it finishes, you will be greeted with the Hello screen. Move through the menu until you're prompted with the question of if you want to restore from a backup. Select to restore from an iCloud backup.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox