Why does it state that a certain .jpeg file is in use when it is not?

Zien

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
We have an app which allows having .jpeg files attached to a report. It has been working fine until yesterday when a user experienced issues with getting the report off the ipad.

I have tried to save the file to the local computer through iTunes, it keeps saying"the requested files could not be found".
I was able to save the app file data to the local computer but as soon as I tried to save the images, it complains files in use.
I got the user to double check and make sure the app is completely closed on the iPAD. There is absolutely nothing running on it.
I have tried the .jpeg files from other apps on the same iPAD. They were saving fine.
It is an iPAD2 running ios8.0.2.

Any ideas please?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Can the user reboot the iPad and then retry? Can the report be re-sent via email?

Zien

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Yes, rebooting the iPAD has not made any difference, neither sending through emails. Until today, there are some more devices running our app experiencing the same issue. The common thing is they are all running ios8.0.2. And it is more clearly that whatever created through our app on the ios device can not be saved to the computer. I knew there is extra security added to ios 8, but I do not know why is our app in particular affected.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen