Is Apple going to fix the iOS 8 problem for IPad?

lc36

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Is Apple going to fix the IOS8 problem for IPad

Since update, IPad freezes, Safari takes long time to load, and freezes after a few minutes. Apps don't open to quick touch, have to tap several times to open. Some games don't open, and on some, no sound unless you go into settings every time to turn on and off sound. Have to keep turning on and off IPad when it freezes. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

lc36

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: Is Apple going to fix the IOS8 problem for IPad

I have IPad 2, still no change and I did the 2nd update that was supposed to fix things but no luck

sgolbitz

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site

My second generation iPad has become almost impossible to enjoy.
IOS 8.0 and 8.1 have pretty much put my iPad 2 into a coma, or at least dementia. Just awful!
It has gotten so slow whether loading a file, switching apps, or just trying to scroll up or down.
I hate it!
Besides putting a bullet in it's memory and mercifully putting it to sleep, anyone have any suggestions?
Thank you.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site

It looks like iOS8 is just putting a strain on the iPad2. Not enough juice.
I'm either gonna pop for a new Air when it's release or get the current Air depending on how much they drop the price on it when they announce the new one.
Good Luck

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site

Mine too. Takes significantly longer for apps to open, Safari crashes randomly when opening links that open new tabs, other performance issues.

Wags14

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site

Just finished installing the 8.1 update and I am happy to say that Apple has fixed the problems with my IPad being sluggish and crashing.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site

Updated my iPad2 last night. I haven't had a chance to really see if it's any better, but so far it doesn't seem worse. :) Except that the "other" usage went up by 200~300MB to 1.2GB.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

The iPad 2 is old tech. While Apple still supports it you are not going to get optimal performance.

It's no different than in the computer world. Instill windows 8 on a 5 year old PC. Or Yosemite on a 2011 mac. They will both be painful

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site

The iPad 2 is old tech. While Apple still supports it you are not going to get optimal performance.

Yeah. Unless a future Restore forces otherwise, 8.x is the last version I'll willingly install on this iPad even if iOS9 next year is officially supported for it.

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

Has anyone updated their iPad 2 to 8.3? Is it smoother than 8.1.1?

iPhone 6 sending this your way!

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods