iPad 2 Support iOS 8?
I think initially everyone thought that the iPad 2 would just be supported through iOS 7, but doesn't the iPad 2 have basically the same specs as the iPad Mini which didnt come out long ago? So whatever it can run the iPad 2 will be able to correct?
If this is all the case then I would assume the iPad 2 will work in iOS 8 as well. Just curious as I love my iPad 2 and hope it doesn't become irrelevant soon!!!
- 06-03-2013, 10:55 PM #2
- 06-21-2013, 08:53 AM #3
Re: iPad 2 Support iOS 8?
Agree with the person who said it's way too early to speculate, BUT I'll do so nevertheless.
Even though the iPad 1 was as good as, say, the iPhone 3GS, it wasn't supported for iOS 6 while the 3GS was.
So it's quite possible that our iPad 2s will get cut off at iOS 7, even if the iPad Mini gets supported to iOS 8.
As far as tech goes, though, a March 2011 product getting supported into early 2014 (which is what iOS 7 support will be -- presumably the iPad 2 will get 7.1 and 7.2 and so on) is pretty darned good.
We shall see how it goes. Till then, waiting for iOS 7 to come out for the iPad. Looking forward to trying it out!
- 06-21-2013, 09:34 PM #4
- By stilgar in forum iOS 5Replies: 0Last Post: 10-13-2011, 04:36 PM
- By Fbstar in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 4Last Post: 05-25-2011, 06:56 PM
- By mianahmad in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 1Last Post: 04-26-2011, 04:54 PM
- By macindows in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 16Last Post: 03-28-2011, 10:19 PM
- By wordsearch in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 0Last Post: 11-23-2010, 11:50 AM