emails don't show on iPad

practicaljack

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I have a gmail acct for email which I receive in Outlook. When I am logged into Outlook my emails don't show up on my iPad 2. When I am not logged on Outlook I do receive my emails on my iPad. It sir probably just a setting but I haven't been able to figure it out. I'm new to iPad. Can anyone give me some suggestions.
Practicaljack

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
When you say Outlook, are you referring to the Microsoft Outlook program? If so, it is probably setup as POP and is pulling the email from Google's server onto your computer and thus the reason why you are not seeing it via your iPad. Make sure that iMAP is enabled via your Gmail settings or choose to leave a copy on the server via those settings or via the Outlook settings, if applicable. I haven't used Outlook in a long time so a settings of some sort in the program may or may not exist.

Last edited:

Helen Werner

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I am having a problem of having only some of my emails showing up on my ipad 2. I get personal emails but am not receiving the ads and specials from say clothing companies, bank notifications, credit card bills etc. Does anyone have an answer?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am having a problem of having only some of my emails showing up on my ipad 2. I get personal emails but am not receiving the ads and specials from say clothing companies, bank notifications, credit card bills etc. Does anyone have an answer?

Check your SPAM and/or junk mail folders. Also, login to the email account via a computer and create filters to allow for those messages to be sent to your inbox and not be considered as SPAM.